• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Bill Anderson's Chatham Artillery BBQ Team Videos

Haven't watched the vids but have bought the fella's book and found some great techniques in there!

They seem to be having decent success in the few years I've known about them too...

Thanks for the reply.

Ya I got the book and there are a few good tid bits in their.

Are these videos good for competition bbq?

Here's what I said on the 'other' forum.

I'm a 'member' of his video classes and I would say they are worth the money. I haven't used his methods in a comp yet but he's showing you exactly what he did to win 7 GCs, a whole lot of top tens, and category wins. And you get the recipes that he used. There is also a member forum where you can ask questions or add comments about the methods, recipes, etc.

There are a lot of teams that did really well this year after signing up for Bill's classes.

If you do sign up, use this link: Barbecue Coach | Barbecue Videos.
I'll get a small stipend for your referral.
There are several members here that use Bill's videos (I see their names in the BBQ Coach Q&A forum), but I won't mention names because they might not want people to know...

How or what format are the videos released in, windows media files ect.

Brilliant idea... Bill's got it goin' on. I'm surprised more "BBQ Gurus" haven't activated this kind of service.

I am curious on their average length <5mi, <30mins, or over 30mins? I don't want to spend the coin and get a 5 minute speed session like when the commercials are disclosing the legal statements. :becky:

I bought his book a few years ago and I also subscribe to the videos. While I don't cook exactly as he does, what I learned from both was money well spent IMO.

I am curious on their average length <5mi, <30mins, or over 30mins? I don't want to spend the coin and get a 5 minute speed session like when the commercials are disclosing the legal statements. :becky:

H&F Brisket video is 1hr 40 min... (brisket video could have easily been 5-10 min shorter... LOL)
H&F Butts video is 1hr 10 min...
H&F ribs video is 1hr 6 min...
H&F Chicken is 1hr 10 min... also an update @ 21 min...

So they aren't just short videos.

And there are L&S method videos of these also.

So far there are 11 videos and he adds more as he makes them.

There are lots of ways to learn and expand your knowledge...books, forums, live classroom instruction and videos. No matter what, bottom line is you STILL have to know HOW to cook. Experience, IMO, far outweighs anything you get from any of the above. Guess it all comes down to what it's worth to you. As I stated in an earlier post, I feel it was worth it to me. I walked 4 times in 3 contests and could have done better but equipment malfunctions (aka gremlins) got me. I certainly give some credit to both the book and vids.

H&F Brisket video is 1hr 40 min... (brisket video could have easily been 5-10 min shorter... LOL)
H&F Butts video is 1hr 10 min...
H&F ribs video is 1hr 6 min...
H&F Chicken is 1hr 10 min... also an update @ 21 min...

So they aren't just short videos.

And there are L&S method videos of these also.

So far there are 11 videos and he adds more as he makes them.

Excellent, thanks!

Excellent, thanks!

He just added "Whole Hog" today!

It was actually "Pig Pounda Kappa" doing the video because Bill hasn't cooked a whole hog... A lot of knowledge to be taken from this one if you want to do hogs.

It's only a little over 1/2 hr... but you see a lot.

How or what format are the videos released in, windows media files ect.

Sorry, I didn't see this when you posted it.

They are .flv files, but the videos are embedded in the website. You just select the one you want to watch and it starts playing. There are also PDFs for most of the videos so you can print out the recipes and time lines.

Back