-> IN PROGRESS: ***SPECIAL*** BBQ Brethren "Video Short" Throwdown! (Entries and Quality *CLEAN* Discussion Only)

Moose

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
[SIZE=+2]Our new SPECIAL TD Category is...

"Video Short!"

BubblingPizzagif_zpsfec7b2ef.gif

Don't let the title fool you, folks. This is yet ANOTHER Pizza TD!

:laugh:
[/SIZE]

CATEGORY DESCRIPTION - READ BEFORE ENTERING!
[SIZE=+2]
colonel00 said:
I was watching basketball and a Papa Johns commercial came on and at the end there is a shot of the pizza sitting there with the cheese still bubbling. This is something you just can't capture with pictures.

So, I thought it might be fun to have a video TD. As with photos now, some people are going to be better at it than others but I think the playing field can be kept fairly level. I would think that a short video of 60 seconds max should be more than enough as the entry "shot". No post production graphics or music. Personally, I don't want to watch some over hyped fluff video or some 20 minute step by step video of the whole cook. o graphics or music. I want to see the bubbling cheese or the juices flowing when a brisket or tri-tip is sliced or the juices on a steak sizzling and spitting or some other action shot (insert cute kid crutch on an epic level here).

Having it be a special TD would allow people plenty of time to make an entry even if they had to give it a couple shots. Plus, with summer coming, there should be some great opportunities and comps, backyard get togethers, etc.

:becky:

Oh, and a stop motion video would be a fun alternative as well. I am sure Gore would come up with some sort of over the top fatty creature doing some absurd thing with MOINK balls and a sausage :becky: Who knows, maybe I might even find the time to get out of the Woodfark and cook something to enter :thumb:

Wow. The Whack-a-doodles are going to have a field day with this one! :heh:

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]So, GET COOKING & FILMING!

Here are the RULES...

1. You must cook something, and your entry MUST be a video as per the Colonel's description
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
2. Your dish must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.
3. Submitted dishes must be cooked between now and Sunday, April 28th.
4. All videos (any number must be submitted by Monday, April 29 6am Central Time.
5. You may submit multiple entries if you desire. For each entry please specify which video you want used in the voting thread, otherwise Herr Biggles will choose and his decision will be final.
6. You are allowed to use effects like fast motion, stop motion, slow motion, but no post production music or graphics.
7. By posting your videos, you are granting consent for your video to be reused for other BBQ Brethren related postings or materials.
8. Any joke videos, or videos of past creations you wish to show off must have a disclaimer stating that the video is not intended to be included in the Vote thread.
9. If you have any problems with any of the entries, believing them not to be qualified for any reason, DO NOT COMPLAIN TO US! Instead, please use the ***VOTE*** thread and exercise your power of voting against those entries. Any complaints posted in any Throwdown thread, or directed to us via any other means will be ignored.
10. If I find an entry to have violated these simple rules, I reserve the right to disqualify that entry.
11. As at any neighborhood block party, the kids are present and part of the festivities, so please keep your ENTRY posts family friendly.
12. The only time a team entry will be accepted is when the team entry is made by Brethren at a Brethren Bash, and the team name must also be submitted with the entry. Otherwise only individual entries will be accepted.

The voting will begin Monday April 29 after the "Vote" thread is submitted and will run through Sunday May 5th. All votes will be public.

[SIZE=+2][SIZE=+2]Before submitting an entry to this Throwdown, make sure you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

What a great idea :clap2:

Can't wait to see the creative entries.

I have made my share of home movies. I guess it's time to open a YouTube account. It's the best way to post a video.

I'm out.

I can barely snap a photo, let alone make a video.

Sure sounds like it's going to be interesting though.

Bring 'em on folks!

Dave

OK Fella's, here is my take on this one...

This is not so much about the food, but the place and the lifestyle of outdoor grilling etc.

I'm sorry the sound is a bit crappy because of the wind.

In the video I give thanks to ChicagoKP, but it is hard to hear... and also to Bluey (Bluetang) and also mention my good mate who shall not be names in order not to incriminate him.... who sent me a Thermopen..

Here goes...

[ame]http://youtu.be/AeAbnIw4Kc8[/ame]

Hearing your voice blows me away. I don't read your posts with an Aussie accent and it's een a long time since you posted that river boat vid.:thumb::thumb:

I shudder to think how country I'm gonna sound...

You and me both on that country sound. :becky:

Hearing your voice blows me away. I don't read your posts with an Aussie accent and it's een a long time since you posted that river boat vid.:thumb::thumb:

I shudder to think how country I'm gonna sound...

Well, I was laying it on a bit thick for y'all....:becky:

Don't worry about sounding like a hillbilly... I can talk like that if I want to as well... we see so much Mercan TV... Maybe next time I'll try my classic Mid Atlantic.... Naaahhhhhh:biggrin1:

Let the voters decide I'm thinking....

So far I'm winning, since poor old Scrog is ancient history!:heh:

Now where is that photo of his untimely demise at the hands of (I think it was) Cracklin Georges Lobster????... Oh those were the days!:laugh:

Ahhh here it is!

Got_Him.jpg

Cheers!

Bill

I'm smoking my first brisket overnight April 27 for a whack of family coming for lunch/dinner April 28. I might be able to take a short video of it and you'll all find out how chatty this Kathy is.

Bill, you didn't have a thick accent for my ears even if you were laying it on a bit for video. You do post in plain English, though, Buccs..... not so much. I love the crazy colloquial words he says, would love to hear the voice that goes with them. It was great to hear your voice so I can read your posts with it in my head. I can't wait to hear more whackadoodle voices. I'm looking forward to hearing your southern drawls, Guerry and Toast! I've already heard your voice, Toast, and you sound great! Good TD call, I hope I'll be able to get a lot of work done the next two weeks so I'll be able to play.

Cool video! If you've ever watched the show "Moonshiners" that they film in my area, then you know what I sound like. :biggrin: It pisses me off to no end that they put subtitles on shows like Moonshiners and Swamp People where the characters have perfectly understandable southern accents, but not on shows where people have thick Boston or Brooklyn or Joisey accents and you can't understand a word that they're saying. :mad:

Back