MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-11-2013, 06:20 PM   #16
Banjoe
On the road to being a farker

Lucky kids!

And thanks for setting us straight on the rib boiling process before there was a run on heart attacks.
Banjoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 PM   #17
Toney Marconi
Full Fledged Farker

Before I ask this, let me say I have never boiled my ribs. That being said, how many here have actually had ribs that have been boiled before going on the grill/smoker? Personally, I have never had the "pleasure" but I'd try them if someone offered.
Toney Marconi is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 09:11 PM   #18
thunter
is One Chatty Farker

You knew that subject would heat things up didn't you?

Pit Happens!

Smokefleet Command
Lang 48 Patio - "Enterprise"
Weber 22.5 Premium Kettle - "Galileo"
Weber SmokeFire EX6 - “Defiant”
thunter is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #19
northernrescue3321
Knows what a fatty is.

I clicked here expecting a online fist fight, nice go and getting peoples attn, and next time I have left overs I might have to try this
northernrescue3321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 06:57 AM   #20
IamMadMan
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Kapn View Post
AMEN!

Do not leave the water on "full boil".
Get it boiling then turn down the heat to a "high simmer" to avoid busting the bags.
Frozen or thawed is OK.
20-30 minutes should do it.

Good Eats!

TIM
That's how I reheat, I prefer to thaw first, and as stated above, after the bag is in the water, reduce the flame.

When I vac-seal I add a very small amount of apple juice or peach nectar just before sealing, This adds to the flavor when re-heating.
IamMadMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #21
bignburlyman
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toney Marconi View Post
Before I ask this, let me say I have never boiled my ribs. That being said, how many here have actually had ribs that have been boiled before going on the grill/smoker? Personally, I have never had the "pleasure" but I'd try them if someone offered.
I will have to admit to personally doing a experiment (1 time only!) of comparing rib cook methods. I boiled 1 slab then put on the gas grill with sauce, smoked 1 slab on a propane smoker, and grilled 1 slab directly on the gas grill. This is before I bought my Traeger. The boiled rib was actually more tender, but less flavor. The gas grill rib was not that good, either flavor or tenderness. The smoked rib was more flavor but not very tender, it may not have cooked long enough tho. The best ribs I ever made myself was the first time I cooked them on the Traeger, and I have never repeated that success since. I just don't cook rib all that often, I am a brisket and chuckie man.
MCBJ & CTC #5112

Traeger Texas 075
Blackstone Tailgater

Family: Where Life Begins, and Love Never Ends.

bignburlyman is offline   Reply With Quote