The Pie Town Fair BBQ of 1940

:oops:
Great Post, Boshizzle! I have to give some props to Russell Lee, though... those are some awesome color photos for 1940! (And props to whoever preserved them too!)

Yep, the photos are incredible. The Library of Congress has been taking care of them.

Very cool !! I was doing a search earler today on the history of va bbq and ran across some of your old post.. U have deff dug up some interesting information on the history of bbq. Looking forward to seeing more

Thanks, bro! Very soon there will be a big out pouring of VA BBQ history. Original research that needs to be shared. Stay tuned!

Thanks again for another history post! Anyone else notice they are wearing coats, ties, and hats to a BBQ? Today it would be cut offs and flip flops.... I look at old pictures and see proud people.

I bet many have not been though Pie Town. What was great about the pics to me is knowing the place with the exception of all the cars really hasn't changed since the 40s. People from there don't wear shorts and flip flops by the way.

Back