• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Que For One?

bander7003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Wife and kids are leaving on Thursday for the weekend at a family reunion. I'll have the whole place to my self for three days. Can't remember that ever happening before. Feels a bit odd to fire up the smoker for just me, but I haven't had the chance to do it in a while. Thinking about some ribs. I found a brisket point at the store the other day. Never saw that before, only the flat or the packer. I'll probably make way too much food.

I usually make way too much food anyway. The wife told me, I know you like to cook but you don't need to cook everyday cause we always have too much food.

I always cook too much. That's why I bought a vacuum sealer. Meals for days...

I always cook too much for 1. But that is what friends are for, invite some of your buddies over for a poker night and have some BBQ while winning their money.

In the rare times that I get to batch it, I can't bring myself to smoke a big cook. I usually just buy a really good steak and do that for one. Martinis, a great steak, a good bottle of cab and hit the rack early.

In the rare times that I get to batch it, I can't bring myself to smoke a big cook. I usually just buy a really good steak and do that for one. Martinis, a great steak, a good bottle of cab and hit the rack early.

In Las Vegas? How OLD are you???? :heh:

Very...very old. There was a day when I got to batch it and I would...........well you know .....what happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas.

I would love this situation. I got a full brisket in the freezer. I would just take my time without having the three little ones and wife asking is it done yet? The next day, beef hash and prep for long term storage.

Back