MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2013, 10:38 PM   #16
landarc
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMCSRET View Post
Crap, I didn't even know about this and I live about 7 miles from Camp Parks. I was at home seasoning my new Lone Star Grillz Smoker today...
Next time...

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2013, 10:43 PM   #17
martyleach
Quintessential Chatty Farker

This whole event was a positive in my book. The immediate outpouring of support from the Brethren and The California BBQ Association when we asked for help was unbelievable. Dave and Deny Bart had the rig and capability to do large catering BBQ events and stepped up. The happy family faces and people coming for seconds was awesome. This was the best charity I have ever participated in and hope we get a chance to do something similar again. Our group of volunteers was awesome!

Custom wooden handles for BBQ's made by Marty Leach (oh, that's me)
[url]http://www.amlwoodart.com[/url]
martyleach is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2013, 10:57 PM   #18
colonel00

Quote:
Originally Posted by landarc View Post
Oh, and then there was this...
Wait a second. I didn't realize that this happens in the future. I still have time to make it if I leave now
[B][COLOR=red]WWWWFBBQADD[/COLOR][/B]
[B]0 out of 1 members found this post helpful[/B] :thumb:

“I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
colonel00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-07-2013, 10:58 PM   #19
landarc

Funny thing, the LTC and CSM were really giving a hard time to the Sergeant about the date.

Yelonutz: me either, but, then again, I don't drink any less
[/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][SIZE=1][COLOR=DarkRed]
[COLOR=Pink]SSS[/COLOR]
[/COLOR][/SIZE]
landarc is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2013, 11:20 PM   #20
gtr

Very nicely done guys. Great stuff all around.
50" Klose BYC, Spitjack XB85, 22.5 WSM, Backwoods Chubby, UDS, WRK, 26" & 22.5" Weber Kettles, Jumbo Joe, WGA, WSJ/MUDS, Kanka Grill, a piece of expanded metal I throw over the fire pit sometimes, Stealthy Black & Vol Orange Thermapens
Displaced East Tennesseean
Proud recipient of a Tick
Former outlaw MOINK baller, now IMBAS Certified, but still lookin' over my shoulder.
"Relax, it's only BBQ." - Bigmista, 2013
"Don't worry about playing a lot of notes. Just find one pretty one." - Miles Davis
WTFWGALD?
gtr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 12:02 AM   #21
BBQ PD
is one Smokin' Farker

What an awesome day for an awesome cause. Up at the crack of dark thirty, at the shop to meet the crew, Marty, Tim, and Jeff, along with the boss, Deny, and our daughter Darcie. Load up all the goods, then off to Camp Parks to meet the rest of the crew. Set up, then kick the tires and light the fires, and get the meats on. Thanks goodness Mother Nature cooperates and gives us some warmth once the sun comes up. Prep all the sides, open a few adults beverages, a few more beverages, and some more adult beverages. Now we are feeling like Kings, so time to serve all these great worriers and their families some great Q. One can never know how incredibly wonderful it feels to do this until you are given a chance to participate. We were blessed with the opportunity to do this, and hope we can do it again. Thank you to Marty and Bob who spearheaded this, and to all the volunteers who came out and made it happen. What a Great December 7th!

CBJ, 15' custom BBQ trailer with a Backwoods Competitor, Pitts & Spitts off-set, & Santa Maria grill. Ole Hickory CTO, 1 BGE, 2 Weber kettles and 1 Smokey Joe, BWS Chubby, Sonoma gasser, and a BBQ store full of everything BBQ.
BBQ PD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 12:11 AM   #22
MeatCandy
Full Fledged Farker

Great Job...those plate pics are awesome...

You guys and gals represented the Brethren well...You should be proud...
MeatCandy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 12:53 AM   #23
BBQchef33
Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Name/Nickname : Phil

ok. Im not to proud to say that theres a lump in my throat reading this.. Im so friggin proud of you guys that Im humbled to even be associated with what youve done. This is off the charts. Dont know what else to say except thank you for representing us here in showing our gratitude to our troops in such an outstanding way... and please.. the silent man behind the curtain, motoeric does so much to help pull these things off too. Hats off to landarc, marty, eric, and all the brethren that showed up to make this event something really successful and special. I know form cooking here at the VA hospital cook that these things are unbelievably rewarding, yet humbling in that these soldiers are thanking us for doing what we love to do, yet they are the ones that sacrificed so much for us. You guys made us proud, and I'd be proud to jsut stsand in the same room as you... Thanks from all of us.

CBJ with a Fuzzy Blue Hat, 18 Foot Competition Trailer, Customized Klose BYC, Custom Built Shirley built to feed our Veterans(A.K.A "Abrams"), 1 Double Barreled Lang 84, 1 Heavily Modified Bionic Bandera, 1 Custom Super Medium Stickburning Spicewine w/stoker, 2 XL BGE, 1 Mini BGE, 2 Pit Barrel Cookers, 3 WSMs, 3 Weber Kettles, an NB Hondo, A Modified Brinkman Horizontal, DCS 48" Grill, a Broilmaster P3, a Blackstone 36 and 17, a covered, pellet pooping FEC100, and our duck died. :(

News Flash:
"A mans worth is judged by the weight of his integrity "

You know your getting older when you choose your cereal for the fiber, not the toy

Smoke on KC.
WWW.BBQ-BRETHREN.COM
BBQchef33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 02:23 AM   #24
pwa
is One Chatty Farker

Very Nice Job guys!!!! Stuff like this make this forum that much better!! Wish I was closer so I could have gave you a hand!

Clint
WIFI Stoker
Custom Trailer Offset

Owner of BurlesQ BBQ shack
BurlesQ BBQ Facebook
BurlesQ BBQ website
pwa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 03:37 AM   #25
dport7
is Blowin Smoke!

I want to thank everyone who participated in this event. I also want to thank the people of the military.

Old 12-08-2013, 04:04 AM   #26
Diesel Dave

Wow you guys really nailed it and thank you for doing this for our troops

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring ― Marilyn Monroe
Diesel Dave is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 05:20 AM   #27
TXM489
On the road to being a farker

Keep up the good work guys.
TXM489 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 06:17 AM   #28
dwfisk

Name/Nickname : Dave

^ what Poobah said. Just want to add a personal thanks to all the Brethren that made this happen and to the folks we all know deserved the effort. Y'all did good!

Old 12-08-2013, 06:21 AM   #29
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

To all of you and the folks you served that serve us
: clap2::c lap2:
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2013, 06:33 AM   #30
ebijack
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : tom

On this topic of supporting our troops, any of you Brethren that are close enough and want to volunteer or support with donations for Michigan vets. This is something a friend started a few years ago and now they have started 2 of these in Ohio and one for wounded vets in Ohio. The ones in Ohio I do not believe they have the sites set up but the had a strong turn out. you can check here. The Walleye for Warriors is every Fathers day. I can not believe the news channels only turned out the first year, but. It is quite an event held in Bay City Mi.
http://www.walleyesforwarriors.com/

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...light=warriors

http://www.ohiogamefishing.com/commu...light=warriors
ebijack is offline   Reply With Quote