cornbread (maybe)
Corn on the cob
coleslaw
potato salad
pasta salad
baked beans
chips and dips

Whatcha think?

Heck yeah, that should do it. Is it an all day event?

My invite is probably in the mail :biggrin:

I would cut the burgers and dogs back to 25 each or eliminate some choices. You will have tons leftover. This of it this way 25+25+20+20= 90 servings for 50 people not counting the salmon or tuna. then you have sides
Mike

Thanks guys. The party's at 2 on Saturday near Mercer Park in Hamilton NJ. I'm sure y'all could show up and the homeowners would never know the difference. It's my boss's place. He and his wife are gonna shoot me a few bucks for doing the cooking at their 4th of July picnic. It's early because they like it to coincide with the free concert and fireworks at the park. I'm doing the meats and the sides in the afternoon and they're taking care of dessert after the concert. It's a pretty sweet gig really, last time he took me out for lunch the following week and his wife gave me 500 bucks. Not bad for a day's work and a few evening's prep. Oh, and they provide the beer too. :-D

I would cut the burgers and dogs back to 25 each or eliminate some choices. You will have tons leftover. This of it this way 25+25+20+20= 90 servings for 50 people not counting the salmon or tuna. then you have sides
Mike

So that brings up an interesting question... I agree that there would be enough food for everyone in total, but what happens if everyone decides that they want a burger or a chicken breast? There isn't enough for that. How do you plan for a crowd when you don't know what everyone will want to eat?

So that brings up an interesting question... I agree that there would be enough food for everyone in total, but what happens if everyone decides that they want a burger or a chicken breast? There isn't enough for that. How do you plan for a crowd when you don't know what everyone will want to eat?

Sounds like a cool Boss/Client he will see if something like this happens ...It is just one of those "get together" type things... Like .."Hey guys are ya hungry??? There is some great food over there. Drinks are over there. Enjoy!"

SWEET!!!

fil

Cook it up, should be more than enough. As for who eats what, like the old saying "The strong will survive". Besides most adults will pass on burgers to eat something else.

That's the real issue. If you make enough so that everyone has their choice, you will have a ton of leftovers. If you don't, someone might not get what they want. Oh well, I guess the best you can do is have a good alternative for them and be sure that you never run out of beer.
We went heavier on the burgers and dogs because they're cheap and that's what most of the kids will want. I'm not too worried if we have some leftovers there.

Looks like more than enough food & from the choices you have listed everyone should be able to have something to their liking, because there's nothing on that menu I wouldn't eat :biggrin:

Every American should consume at least one hotdog on July 4th. Mustard optional for the Illinois farkers that have some twisted aversion to it.

I inject my hotdogs with ketchup Jorge.

I'll freeze a few and send them overnight to you.

As AB would say "Good Eats"

Wish I could get the relish through the shooter needle

I inject my hotdogs with ketchup Jorge.

I'll freeze a few and send them overnight to you.

As AB would say "Good Eats"

Wish I could get the relish through the shooter needle

I remember eating "Frankenfooters" as a kid. They were stuffed with chili & cheese.

Back