MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #151
N8man
Babbling Farker

The results of this weekends experiment in Heat Distribution was, in my opinion, mixed at best. In using this big ol' hunk of steel:

to help move heat around in the chamber is both a success and a failure.
Temps were indeed more even throughout the cooking grates from end to end. Temp Spikes were almost nonexistant when I would remove the lid to tend the Foodstuffs. Temps would return almost instantly once the lid was closed. On the downside, the DrumPit took an hour to reach cooking temp. In past Cooking Sessions I normally only use the Vertical Air Intake, and it is choked from Half to a Quarter open to maintain 225*-250* for 12 plus hours, this time I ran with the Vertical Pipe and both Horizontal nipples wide open at times to maintain 230*-250*. I also burnt up 10 pounds of Charcoal and 5 Fist sized Chunks of Hickory to complete Ash!! In 9 hours!! I have never used more than 3/4 of a FireBasket full, ever. Fortunately my Brisket had reached 195* by this time, and after a rest, sliced up fine and was good.

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-14-2008, 08:23 PM   #152
Bbq Bubba
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8man View Post
The results of this weekends experiment in Heat Distribution was, in my opinion, mixed at best. In using this big ol' hunk of steel:

to help move heat around in the chamber is both a success and a failure.
Temps were indeed more even throughout the cooking grates from end to end. Temp Spikes were almost nonexistant when I would remove the lid to tend the Foodstuffs. Temps would return almost instantly once the lid was closed. On the downside, the DrumPit took an hour to reach cooking temp. In past Cooking Sessions I normally only use the Vertical Air Intake, and it is choked from Half to a Quarter open to maintain 225*-250* for 12 plus hours, this time I ran with the Vertical Pipe and both Horizontal nipples wide open at times to maintain 230*-250*. I also burnt up 10 pounds of Charcoal and 5 Fist sized Chunks of Hickory to complete Ash!! In 9 hours!! I have never used more than 3/4 of a FireBasket full, ever. Fortunately my Brisket had reached 195* by this time, and after a rest, sliced up fine and was good.
Thanks for the update bro....sorry to hear it didn't work, thats way to much fuel for the benefits!
Keep trying guys.
#detroitporkmafia
BBQ Person of the Year 2013
Bbq Bubba is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 10:03 AM   #153
N8man
Babbling Farker

Gratuitous Bump!!!

How I Fire Up That Ugly DrumPit Smoker!!!!
N8man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-13-2012, 10:16 AM   #154
deguerre

And Now! Four Years in the making! From the Producers who brought you "Cats got Pointy Things!", The Director of "My Truck's Iced Up and Zombies are Eatin' On It!"

We now bring you...

Lazarus: The UDS!
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 03-14-2012, 01:04 PM   #155
deguerre

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8man View Post
Gratuitous Bump!!!
Well now. THAT certainly went nowhere.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #156
Hud
Knows what a fatty is.

Try putting the disc blade on the very bottom of your barrel then set your charcoal basket on top of it! I have cooked with just the disc blade in the bottom & it worked good for me! With the basket you will get a longer cook time! IMO.
Hud is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 09:33 PM   #157
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

R U Ready for 2009?

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 PM   #158
Pitmaster T
Babbling Farker

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...5&postcount=53

Edict.
Pitmaster T is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2017, 12:27 AM   #159
BobBrisket

Name/Nickname : Bob

Ain't no neck redder than, N8's! Always enjoyed reading his posts. Sure wish I could have met him and smoked some q with him and enjoyed life as he did. Lots of his graphic work still out on the forum. Rock on, Brother N8!

Thin, blue smoke sent your way!

Bob
PBC-Courtesy of Poobah, 22.5 Weber Kettles-A, K, DR Stamped, 18.5 Weber Bar-B-Kettle Black and Red, Weber 18.5 Smokey Joe Platinum, Weber Genesis Silver, Lil' Chief Smoker, Discada Set Up,OKJ Highland Offset.
BobBrisket Jr.-MUDS, WSJ Silver
My BEST Compliment....."You're a good cooker, Dad!"--My Son :)
Miss You, Marty and Bull! RIP
BobBrisket is offline   Reply With Quote

1 members found this post helpful.
Old 12-13-2017, 07:19 AM   #160
Garyclaw
Babbling Farker

Thanks for digging this up, Bob.

Big BarBChef built in to the Outdoor Kitchen, 2 Weber kettles, 1 UDS, Little Chief Electric, 2 Propane Fish Cookers/Turkey Fryers,
a swinging grate over my [COLOR=red]Fire pit,[/COLOR][COLOR=black] Big Pig Cooker, SJS, Big Easy Oil Less. Blackstone Pizza Oven[/COLOR]

"Nice talkin' to ya" :yo:
Garyclaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-13-2017, 11:42 AM   #161
cowgirl

Name/Nickname : jeanie

Another amazing Brethren. Thanks for the reminder Bob!
Miss you N8!

http://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/
cowgirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
layout template, ugly drum smoker