MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 PM   #1
sincitydisciple01
Full Fledged Farker

Name/Nickname : Jason
Default iQue on my drum

Bought an iQue a few weeks ago. Not as slick as some of the higher end units, but thought it would be worth a try. While playing with it, I realized I didn't really have a good place to hang it on my drum. Handles have round corners and I didn't want to hang it from the thermometer. The problem with a permanently attached hook was that I would inevitably impale myself while moving or leaning over the drum. So, after looking for inspiration in the aisles at Lowes, it hit me! So, a little bit of pipe banding, a few screws and a L bracket for a wall shelf! All good! Not exactly sexy, but I can pop it off when in transit and it matches the low tech, utilitarian vibe of the drum! (sorry for the bad cell pics)

KCBS: 2010
CBJ: 2011
Damn near impossible to lose [COLOR=Lime]BRIGHT GREEN[/COLOR] superfast Thermapen
On Twitter @BigIronBBQ
sincitydisciple01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2011, 12:17 AM   #2
JMSetzler
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : John

Looks like it will work pretty well :) I might give my guru a try on my drum this weekend...
JMSetzler is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-26-2011, 01:07 AM   #3
Roby
On the road to being a farker

That will work perfect!

Tags
ique, ugly drum smoker