• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "As Seen on TV" Throwdown!

bigabyte

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Our new category is...

[size=+2]"As Seen on TV!"[/size]
images

Now how much would you pay? Well don't answer because...

...as chosen by Will work for bbq, the winner of the Man Sized Meat Throwdown!

And now, here's your host, Will work for bbq!
Will work for bbq said:
I'm thinking we've probably all have done it, seen something on a cooking show, sitcom, you tube or even on the Brethren message board and just had to make it. Now here's our chance we can even expand it to anything you've seen on one of the many fine blogger sites that are our Brethren/Sisthren.

Normal TD rules apply (like you need me to say that).
Link to video or web page with your inspiration.
Special rules will be made up as we go.

Any entry meeting the above requirements which may be DQ'd from a made up special rule may receive a DQ exemption if and only if said entry was submitted on any day of the week that ends with the letter Y.

Sincerely,
Mr. WW4BBQ

Quick honey, grab the phone! I've got to get me one of THOSE!

Click here to read the rules for the BBQ Brethren Throwdown...

You may submit entries that are cooked from Friday 11/4 through Sunday 11/13.

Entry pictures must be submitted by Midnight Central US Time on Sunday night 11/13.

By submitting entry photos to this Throwdown thread you are agreeing that you have read and understand the Throwdown Rules.

The voting will begin Monday 11/14 after I submit the "Vote" thread and will run through Saturday 11/19. All votes will be public.

Don't forget, you can still enter the It Came From the Sea Throwdown until Sunday night 11/6 by midnight Central time.

Our next category will be decided by the winner of the Fast Food Throwdown!

Best of luck and even better eats to all!

Can we enter a copy of a previous throwdown winner? Preferably something that won by a landslide? :becky:

CD

Ugh....this is gonna be a tough one. SO MANY choices, so hard to come up with something that will shine above everyone else. Good luck to all!

I was thinking of making hard boiled eggs with my chef baskets that just arrived. (yeah I'm serious...I had a few adult drinks and ordered a set.)

So could a I use a Ronco product that isn't gas, coal, or wood fired to cook something up? I'm thinking electric powered, BUT makes for some kick arse tasting food! It was done on TV all the time.

Bob

Can we enter a copy of a previous throwdown winner? Preferably something that won by a landslide? :becky:
CD

Yes, but just to be sure I would suggest you submit it on a day that ends in Y in case any made up special rules would disallow it. :becky:

What's the recommended IT for a bowflex anyway?

That would obviously depend on what your ideal target Heart rate is.:crazy:

So could a I use a Ronco product that isn't gas, coal, or wood fired to cook something up? I'm thinking electric powered, BUT makes for some kick arse tasting food! It was done on TV all the time.
Bob

:doh: No, you cant use the Showtime Rotisserie but it would be cool if you caught something with the Pocket Fisherman. :heh:

But it has to have been seen on TV, oh wait, our computer is hooked up to our TV so we can see the pictures on this site larger than life. So, that means we can do something as seen on the computer...meaning internet?

Last edited:
But it has to have been seen on TV, oh wait, our computer is hooked up to our TV so we can see the pictures on this site larger than life. So, that means we can do something as see on the computer...meaning internet?

:thumb: Hell yea I'm thinking about making Lobster and Scallops over noddles with grilled asparagrass. :becky:

What if you don't have access to the internet?

:doh: I did my best to not discriminate against those w/o internet. :tsk:

Last edited:
So, do we have to name where we saw what we are cooking? You know, the inspiration for our entry? That kind of thing seems to trip some people up. :rolleyes:

Maybe I'll just make whatever the fark I want, and post it up -- and then Google for something that resembles what I made after it's made and posted. :becky:

CD

What if you have your own blog and videos, can you do somehting you've published before? I often forget about the stuff I've made in the past so it would almost be like discovering a dish all over again. :becky:

What if you have your own blog and videos, can you do somehting you've published before? I often forget about the stuff I've made in the past so it would almost be like discovering a dish all over again. :becky:

:hand: Hum let me see :rolleyes: If someone were to podcast a certain bash...... maybe even a certain Northern California Bash, then said podcast would certainly satisfy said requirements for inspiration for any entry there-forth. :cool:

Back