MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 08-12-2008, 12:24 AM   #1
swamprb
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Cascade Country Cook-Off Chehalis WA PNWBA

I cooked the Cascade Country Cook-Off in Chehalis WA this past weekend. This is where I got my start at the Competition Cooking class last year and I got bit by the bug! 18 teams and 15 Cooking class teams on Saturday.

Dan from Lonestar Smokers and Dale from Cider-House BBQ-class instructors

Midnight Ramblers BBQ

Swamprb and Second Place Brisket Ribbon

Doc's Pit RGC

Dances With Smoke GC

I finished 13th with a Second Place for Brisket, cooking solo. Using 2 Drums and a WSM. I had a lot of fun but need more experience, please critique my turn in boxes- I'd appreciate the input.

KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2008, 07:44 AM   #2
ThomEmery
Babbling Farker

Looks like fun

Team What Wood Jesus Que?

Www.bbqthom.com
ThomEmery is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2008, 01:32 PM   #3
JD McGee

I'm not seeing anything wrong with those boxes...they look great as usual! Maybe a little more suace / glaze / color on the chicken?
JD McGee is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-12-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
BBQ Grail

I had heard there were no comps in the Pacific Northwest.

Looks like a great time. Some rather famous Brethren have scored 13th place in comps. You are in good company. Great job.

Soon to be a Texafornian.

For a limited time I will be issuing Moink Ball Certificates. I'm working on a special COVID 19 Verson.
Email me for details.
BBQ Grail is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #5
Eat Crow
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

This was a great contest and a good time was had by all! Thanks for all the help, Brian, shleping all my stuff the seemingly miles from the rv park to the contest. My wife and I finished 7th overall with a best of 4th in brisket. That is the best we have done all year, so I guess we are pretty happy....

Larry, I don't know where you heard that, but BBQ in the PNW is stronger than ever! 18 events this year, and what we belive is the biggest money event on the west coast comming up in two weeks at the state fair in Salem, Oregon!
Eat Crow is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 08-13-2008, 11:13 PM   #6
swamprb

Yeah, I was in space #13 too, shoulda worn my Lucky 13 T-shirt.
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote