Houston-area BBQ

ctbeerbq

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'm flying to Houston tomorrow morning for the rest of the week, Can anyone recommend some good BBQ joints? Preferably something sit-down, family friendly, where I can also get a (good :wink: ) beer. We're actually going to be staying in Pearland...

Thanks, I saw that thread. I don't know if we'll have time to really get that far out of Houston, and Burns doesn't look like what I'm really looking for.

Any other suggestions?

If your search turns up a place called Thelma's it might be worth a shot but might not fit your initial preferences.

Last time I was in Houston, I had a good meal at Goode Company; they have 2 locations in Houston, depending on where you are.

Figure the local TEXFO's will chime in soon.

I just got back late Saturday night... ended up at both Thelma's and Goode. The kids were sleeping in the car when we went to Thelma's, so I just ran in and got a brisket sammich. Meat was pretty good, nice and tender... not too crazy about the vinegar based sauce though. Had ribs at Goode. They were pretty good, you could taste the pecan wood that they use. Mrs. Beerbq still likes my ribs better. :biggrin:

The bbq at Thelmas is ok , but the chicken fried pork chops are great. The sandwich comes with 2 chops and the plate comes with 3. The sides I have had are very good too. I bet you get a pound of beef with the bbq sandwich. The fried fish looks good too and plenty of it on the plates.

Back