I’m Officially Old Cook

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
This Saturday I turned 60 and we had some friends over for a BBQ / potluck to commiserate errrr I mean celebrate. Friday I pulled 2 Tri-Tips and 3 large steaks out of the freezer to thaw. (1 - 1.75 lb. T-bone, 1 - 2.25 lb. Porterhouse and a monster 2.5 lb.Tt-bone) I seasoned up the Tri-Tips in the my usual way with Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, steak seasoning and some fresh minced Rosemary from the yard.

For the steaks I just rubbed them down with Worcestershire sauce and then some steak seasoning. This is the Porterhouse.

Once our guests arrived I didn’t have much time to take pictures so these are all taken with my phone camera and a little hit and miss. I put all the meat on my kamado. It was setup for indirect cooking and was at 300 degrees as we all wanted to eat quickly. (Normally would’ve done them at 250) Once most of them were all at around 115 to 120 IT I took them off and covered with foil. The monster T-bone took a while longer to get up to temp so it was left on the kamado for another 2 to 3 minutes.

I had set-up my Jumbo Joe in a separate location for searing. Here are the 2 Tri-Tips being seared.

Here is the Porterhouse and the smaller T-bone waiting to be seared.

I had set-up a craving station right there on one of the tables so everyone could get some meat as quickly as possible. I sliced up one of the Tri-Tips and then the monster T-bone which had been seared by that time. That meat all went fast so I sliced up the other Tri-Tip which is shown here.

And finally I was able to fix myself a plate of some Tri-Tip, steak, potato and macaroni salad.

Everyone had a great time and I’m now officially old. :shocked:

Happy birthday! That looks like a tasty way to celebrate:)

Looks like a great meal and belated Happy Birthday you old Farker. :-D

Unfortunately for me I'm only a little over 3 years behind you. :twitch:

Yer just a pup.....wait 'till you start getting gifts like this:

6-2017%20001_1.jpg

Happy B Day....great lookin' cookup !!!

Belated Happy Birthday Husker! Great celebration feast!

Back