Question? Looking forward what would you do?

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Thinking about a new cooker. If you had your druthers and wanted to expand your fleet. What would you add to your arsenal? I realized the other day when I did ribs and my Pernil that my Kamado was really limited in cook space.

Entertaining the idea of doing, small, regional comps or organizing a few, as well.
I am thinking offset personally, but this is uncharted territory for me. Having owned a mobile wood fired pizza oven is similar... yet different.
I would really value your input.
Thanks in advance,
Jed

I have an Oval XL, an offset, and a large Weber gasser. I hardly use the offset anymore. I'm seriously eyeing a Yoder pellet pooper.

I spent $ 30K on this only to have the State of Florida Health Dept deny me a permit to vend as a mobile food truck!

Just want something quality, but not crazy. The pizza oven in the pic was imported from Italy, It is the real deal.

you might need to first consider how you are going to transport things.
buying stuff is easy. whats not easy is how you get them around.
truck, trailer, covered or not, etc.

I have an Oval XL, an offset, and a large Weber gasser. I hardly use the offset anymore. I'm seriously eyeing a Yoder pellet pooper.
Am I going to take your brisket to NASA or not?

you might need to first consider how you are going to transport things.
buying stuff is easy. whats not easy is how you get them around.
truck, trailer, covered or not, etc.
This will do it....No?

My Char-griller offset is the perfect size for me. I can do 6 full slabs and a couple of chickens easy. But the quality of the grill is not the best. I would like an offset around the same size of the Char-griller but better quality.

Sanity. You need to see Marty's yard

Sanity. You need to see Marty's yard
Heard that...my wife at least knows I am nuts! Thank God! Really want to do too much around here all the time, otherwise I am bored way too quickly! Hence the hydroponics thing. I got a brick of coir the other day that was compressed 12x12x24 for $6.00 next is the shrimp hatchlings. Thanks again for the info!

I love Klose and Gator pits. They are offsets, regular type. Another option is to get a trailer and a couple of insulated verticals. I love the Spicewines and Backwoods that I have seen

I have a Weber Performer, CG Akorn and a RF Offset. I feel like I have all bases covered. If I want the best taking Q and have the time to manage the fire, it's the offset all the way.

That pizza oven reminds me of one on Corsica we frequented for a couple weeks back in 2002. :hungry: I'm thinking pizza brisket now instead of turning it over to NASA.

That pizza oven reminds me of one on Corsica we frequented for a couple weeks back in 2002. :hungry: I'm thinking pizza brisket now instead of turning it over to NASA.
Gore, you always come up with the brilliant ideas. Put the brisket on a pizza and then you can skip it like a rock out to the sharks....

I will be in Corsica at the end of the month. Perhaps the sight of something so magnificent will inspire me once again!

My next pit is going to be an ABS ( American BBQ systems) All star. I've been lusting after one for a few years & hope to pull the trigger in the near future

Back