wicked good charcoal rumor?

jdub

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I searched here for a thread, didn't find it. I am hearing that Wicked Good Charcoal will be scaling back to nothing more than the ability to order online.
Either I can't find the info here, or I am hearing new news. Heard it from my butcher in Kittery Me, which is near their main office and has been selling the stuff since day one.
Whats the scoop? I am saddened.

I just sent off an email to the owner of Wicked Good. I'm sure she will be getting back in a day or two to squelch this scurrilous rumor!

Geez, I hope not! I just recently found a local source. I love the stuff but I wont pay for shipping $

They must have depleted the rainforest in Brazil then. Call in the Marines, lets invade Paraguay and tap their reserves. Minimum online order will be one 40' container load.

The same rumor is floating around out there on other forums.

Just heard back from Wicked Good. They will still be selling their charcoal, both briquettes and lump, in retail stores, available for warehouse pickup and also via their web site. So there are no changes as far as the company is concerned, so all is Good! Local situations may vary.

Just heard back from Wicked Good. They will still be selling their charcoal, both briquettes and lump, in retail stores, available for warehouse pickup and also via their web site. So there are no changes as far as the company is concerned, so all is Good! Local situations may vary.

I too heard from them. Nothing has changed.

I wonder how much Wicked Good sales upticked from people stockpiling bags after hearing the rumor.

Anybody know if that stuff is available around Southern California? I checked it out & liked it, but not enough to pay the shipping.

The only thing that changed is that they will now ship them via black helicopters.

I heard you can also order via secret squirrel.

Good news, I got the wrong message in the wrong way. WGC is alive and well, and the only briquettes that go in my smokers are still available.

Pheew!

Back