• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Costco CAB Prime brisket--SoCal brethren step in..

ssv3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Heads up on Costco possibly starting to bring in packer briskets to SoCal warehouses and CAB Prime at that. It is not offered at the warehouse that I usually go to but maybe it's a start.

Thanks to brother PC132 on the below thread he started and picked up a prime brisket from Costco here in SoCal(Burbank).

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=170325

I happened to be in the Burbank area so I thought I'll just check and found this:

20130906_194805.jpg

20130906_194849.jpg

Heads up on Costco possibly starting to bring in packer briskets to SoCal warehouses and CAB Prime at that. It is not offered at the warehouse that I usually go to but maybe it's a start.

Thanks to brother PC132 on the below thread he started and picked up a prime brisket from Costco here in SoCal(Burbank).

I happened to be in the Burbank area so I thought I'll just check and found this:

20130906_194805.jpg

20130906_194849.jpg

Ugh I wish I could get prime at that price point.

NICE! Glad to see they got more in stock! Hopefully they'll be enough demand that it becomes a regular item. I'm gonna grab another one when I head back there!

I hope some of that prime finds its way north !! Up here in the Bay Area only packers I could find is at the Costco Business Center in Hayward ...choice , no prime ... Follow ths trail and let your stores managers know ..Our voices need to be heard!!!

Yup. I saw those too, along with prime tri tips. What did I walk out with? Boneless leg o lamb. Sometimes I wonder about myself. Dam good lamb though. Going back tomorrow.

Sounds like a good reason to head to Costco this morning. We will be eating well tomorrow for some football!

Nice. My Costco only carries choice flats at this time, I'll be sure to ask next time I stop there...

NICE! Glad to see they got more in stock! Hopefully they'll be enough demand that it becomes a regular item. I'm gonna grab another one when I head back there!

Well, thanks for posting your thread in the first place. I would've never known. Exactly my thoughts on demand and hopefully there is enough where they'll bring it in. At least to some of the locations.

Yup. I saw those too, along with prime tri tips. What did I walk out with? Boneless leg o lamb. Sometimes I wonder about myself. Dam good lamb though. Going back tomorrow.

The prime tri tips are awesome and have been there forever and hopefully the trend continues with the prime brisket as well. Leg of lamb isn't a bad choice either.:biggrin1:

Sounds like a good reason to head to Costco this morning. We will be eating well tomorrow for some football!

Nice. My Costco only carries choice flats at this time, I'll be sure to ask next time I stop there...

I will be checking Costco in Escondido later today and will report back.

Keep us posted guys. We're spread out pretty well throughout SoCal to get an idea where/if they're available for the rest of the brethren.

Thanks for the info on the briskets:clap2:
When I saw this thread I went to the Torrance Costco to see if they had any.
I just came home with two:becky:
Dropped them in my freezer!
This is unbelievable!
IMG_7907_zps2a37c2aa.jpg

Thanks for the info on the briskets:clap2:
When I saw this thread I went to the Torrance Costco to see if they had any.
I just came home with two:becky:
Dropped them in my freezer!
This is unbelievable!

Silverfinger that's awesome. Thanks for posting and now we know there are other locations that carry it as well. I've been to the Hawthorne costco business and they carry selects for IIRC 2.29/lb so you can't beat this for sure.

Silverfinger that's awesome. Thanks for posting and now we know there are other locations that carry it as well.

Yep,
Looks like we have just been overrun with prime briskets!
I sure hope Costco keeps them coming!

20130906_194805.jpg

20130906_194849.jpg

$2.79 a pound???!!?!? That's awesome!

Thanks for the heads up...I was at the Burbank Costco yesterday and picked up the last two whole prime briskets they had. Couldn't pass up the price ($2.79).

I'm new to smoking and have been soaking up all the great info on this site. I've got three briskets in the freezer (I bought a choice flat at Costco a few weeks ago for $4.09) and I've never even cooked one! Once I digest all the collective experience from this site, I will make my first attempt!

Back