THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You can buy one for each or one to do both. Polder sells a digital probe setup that will monitor pit temp and meat temp. I have never used one so I don't know how well they work. I use a thermopen for spot checks, best money I ever spent. Left it in the rain and had to but another.

I have a 3 TelTru mounted on the pit. i used Nutemps to monitor the pit temp at the grate level and the food for large cuts, and a Thermapen for spot checks.

Here's a picture of my set-up. I have a meat-probe and pit temp with the guru, and another dual meat/pit unit. my dial thermometer is always +/- 5* of what the electronics are reading. I do not use the meat probes with chicken or ribs. For chicken, I have a thermapen.

Attachments

• control panel.jpg
    control panel.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
I have a 'oregon scientific' don't get it. It sucks. It has preprogramed presets, and there all off. for beef at well done it's preset to 170. But I need 190 for my brisket. And it beeps when it reaches the done temp. I'll be buying a diffrent one soon.

Back