Big Brisket on the UDS!

What the deal on this pickle juice gig? Your brisket looks Fantastic! I've got to try that butcher paper deal! How did you know when to pull it at HH?

There was another thread on here about Salt & Pepper Brisket and I read about both using Mustard or Pickle juice and silly me, I thought why not both? This is the first cook that I didn't use a thermometer at all, I just cooked it hot and pulled it when it probed to my satisfaction.

Dr. Trout Bum,

Yes they do separate for broiler use and I do use them to make stacked enchiladas. I only have two that were given to me by a friend years ago. He told me that he had gotten them from a steakhouse, that's all I know. They are really good for Enchiladas but I wish they were square. Good luck finding some.

Jeff

I should have noticed that you're from Albuquerque...I grew up in Los Alamos. When you said "stacked" enchiladas, it was a giveaway. I see those plates in New Mexico all the time.

Thanks for the info and congrats on the brisket!

I should have noticed that you're from Albuquerque...I grew up in Los Alamos. When you said "stacked" enchiladas, it was a giveaway. I see those plates in New Mexico all the time.

You must miss the chile, Red and Green.:cry:

You must miss the chile, Red and Green.:cry:

Not as much as you might think....I have several pounds of Hatch green chile in my garage freezer - they sell it at Wegman's in Northern Virginia every fall - and a couple of bags of Chimayo Red powder. The Chimayo red is a staple in rubs and is alway in my BBQ sauce. The flavor of that red chile is very unique and I wouldn't be without it.

So, that's why I'm interested in the plates. I prefer to stack my enchiladas, instead making them in a casserol dish, and cooking to order - green, red, or Christmas!

I'm guessing any brisket leftovers will make excellent tacos with some green chile and corn tortillas or would make an interesting green chile stew.

I'm glad that you are getting your chile fix out there, I know I can't go without it!

Nice cook! You two got me jonesing for some enchiladas, I think I know what is on the menu for tonight.

Back