• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

New BBQ comp team

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
After some thirty-five contests over the past two years or so I've decide to start my own BBQ competition team. The ride to Houston is getting to wear on me as well as wanting to stretch my cookers wings, so I've decided to start cooking closer to home now. My wife Lauren will be joining me on 99% of the cooks. We're both very excited about this new adventure.

I had a great run with Crapshoot BBQ and will miss cooking with my friend and cooking partner Craig Sharry. We will still cook at about six cooks each year as opponents and may join forces if an out of state contest seems like a good idea.

The new team name will be "Moondance BBQ". I've ordered a custom pit from Ritch over at Gator Pit of Texas and I'll pick it up on the 22nd of May.

I'll probably split IBCA and Texas Gulf Coast contests about even and might travel for an occasional KCBS cook too.

See you down the BBQ trail!

Good Luck, what is texas gulf coast? Is that a sanctioning body?

Good luck Darwin. Hope to see you at some IBCA comps.

Thanks guys, I'm really stoked. I need a good logo now. Chicken? What chicken?

Best of luck Bro. Sounds like you are going to hit the ground running.

Your avatar sorta looks like a flaming moon with the cow head in it. You might consider a logo using some version of that idea.

I would wish you some luck but you don't need luck my friend you need skills:mrgreen:

look forward to seeing moondacing out and about :biggrin:

I would wish you some luck but you don't need luck my friend you need skills:mrgreen:

look forward to seeing moondacing out and about :biggrin:

Skill's! Boy, you've seen me with a knife! :shock: I'm good with a sauce mop too! :biggrin:

Skill's! Boy, you've seen me with a knife! :shock: I'm good with a sauce mop too! :biggrin:

Just give him the FULL MOON dance late into the night, unless he's skeared and hides in the RV:wink:

hey Zilla nice web site I can't believe you didn't even mention me on your site?

Thanks buddy no more COFFEE for YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BTW the logo ROCKS on the site I see new tattoo in the futrue for you

Last edited:
Thanks Westexbbq, yes indeed it's a sanctioning body that spun off of the IBCA after some infighting a few years back.

Back