MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-30-2011, 12:26 PM   #1
Ryan Chester
is One Chatty Farker

Default The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style CHICKEN Pron!

Did up some spatchcock chicken last night on my Santa Maria grill. Seasoned the bird with a combo of The Rub Co. Santa Maria Style and Barbeque Rub. Grilled over charcoal and red oak chunks for about 1 hour. Turned out super juicy and the skin was to die for! Enjoy the pron.

Thanks from: --->

Old 09-30-2011, 12:27 PM   #2
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

Oh...freakin'...MY...

I hope Redhot sees this one as she's the chicken master in our house and I want her to do one of these up.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 09-30-2011, 12:31 PM   #3
grillfella
is one Smokin' Farker

Nice brother
grillfella is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2011, 02:27 PM   #4
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

Very beautiful!! I love the colors of the Santa Maria and regular bbq mixed together. Gets the taste buds rocking even before the birdy is cooking. Awesome looking prOn!!
tamadrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #5
Redhot
is One Chatty Farker

Never spatchcocked a chicken but looks like a must try. That chicken has a beautiful color and the slices look extra tender and juicy, but....PETA would not approve of this shot, they would say it's too sexy!
[FONT=Comic Sans MS][FONT=Comic Sans MS]GOSM "Bubba Q", Stovetop Smoker "Lazy Girl", ET-73[/FONT][/FONT]
[B][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=navy]Avatar by NorthwestBBQ[/COLOR][/FONT][/B]
Redhot is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
Ryan Chester
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamadrummer View Post
Very beautiful!! I love the colors of the Santa Maria and regular bbq mixed together. Gets the taste buds rocking even before the birdy is cooking. Awesome looking prOn!!
Thanks bud! Our Barbeque blend is definitely a big flavor rub. Doesn't cook away to nothing like some other brands.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:41 PM   #7
tamadrummer
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Chester View Post
Thanks bud! Our Barbeque blend is definitely a big flavor rub. Doesn't cook away to nothing like some other brands.
Someday I will be able to get some and i'm sure I will be singing the praises! Thanks for the beautiful prOn man! Keep throwing it on us! I love drooling over pics.
tamadrummer is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
BBQ PD
is one Smokin' Farker

Beautifully done Ryan .

CBJ, 15' custom BBQ trailer with a Backwoods Competitor, Pitts & Spitts off-set, & Santa Maria grill. Ole Hickory CTO, 1 BGE, 2 Weber kettles and 1 Smokey Joe, BWS Chubby, Sonoma gasser, and a BBQ store full of everything BBQ.
BBQ PD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-30-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
Boshizzle

Last edited by Boshizzle; 09-30-2011 at 07:23 PM..
Boshizzle is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2011, 07:01 AM   #10
Phubar

Phabulous Ryan!

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2011, 08:10 AM   #11
Dragonfly
Full Fledged Farker

Ryan, that looks so good! I am a beer can to Spatchcock convert, recently did my first birds and am hooked for life.