MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 09-16-2014, 03:52 AM   #901
1buckie
Babbling Farker

Out of the depths....an Appreciation Thread !!!

I appreciate them....daily........
.................in the last week these two have shown up ~~>

26-3/4" Wood Dale, most likely manufacture, 1960, the year I started kindergarten......been in my town the whole time as far as I can tell.....

$10........holds heat really well.....

Yeller, Patent Pending, most likely manufacture 1970, needs a little polishing, but very extra nice condition.....

Free,from a good friend who got it at an estate sale on my heads-up & then turned around & gave it to me.............

They'll somehow get snuggled in with the rest of 'em at the Kettle Orphanage..............

1buckie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-16-2014, 04:47 AM   #902
Namtrag
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

If you'd like a foster home for one of them, let me know. :) lol
Namtrag is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-08-2015, 10:57 PM   #903
Oldhoss
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks to I.H. for taking this shot while agenting this Kettle for me:

Left to right: Late 50's Black 18, 1968 Pre Pat Aristocrat, 1974 Lime 22, Crooked K 22 OT 1988, Blue ER 1996 22 MT, Green DH 2004 18 OTG and a Copper 2014 AH 22 OTG:

Last edited by Oldhoss; 12-08-2015 at 11:21 PM..
Oldhoss is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 07:01 PM   #904
Mckenna59
Found some matches.

Weber Kettles are def versatile. I wanted a smoker/cooker, but a dang good one was too expensive. I tried one of the Charbroil side by side deals, but it rusted out in no time, & it was like pulling hard labor to keep charcoal in it cooking. I bought a Weber 22.5", put a round propane burner in the bottom with a stainless steel " tent over it, & angle iron flavor bars on each side of it. Added a Cajun Stacker, & now I have a smoker, cooker, grill. Works like a charm.
Mckenna59 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2015, 09:51 PM   #905
AClarke44
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Andrew

My new Red head. It's actually Crimson but still a red head to me ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20151214_195919-1.jpg (43.6 KB, 306 views)
22.5 Crimson Weber Premium
Char-Broil Big Easy Oil-Less Turker Fryer
LoCo 80qt crawfish kit

Re-homed cookers:
Black Weber OTG (Happy Hapgood)
Pit Barrel Cooker (PBC)
Char-griller Akorn
28” Blackstone Pro Series
Oklahoma Joe’s Bronco

Check out the PBC Appreciation Thread!
[url]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=210239[/url]
AClarke44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 12-15-2015, 12:08 AM   #906
Bludawg
somebody shut me the fark up.

Probably make terrible BBQ cause it aint orange.

Old 12-15-2015, 05:51 AM   #907
captjoe06
Full Fledged Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by AClarke44 View Post
My new Red head. It's actually Crimson but still a red head to me ...
Gorgeous. Mine is still in the box. Gonna wait til next spring. I've wondered why they came out with these in 2015 but on the Weber website and 99% of other online retailers they only list the Green, Black and Copper options.

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-25-2015, 10:09 PM   #908
ChristopherB
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Thanks

I joined the forum to say thanks to those of you who inspired me to build a table for my weber 22". I had just moved to Texas in August with my wife and children. My father and I built the table when my parents came to visit in October. I'd like to hear what you all think. Here's some pics of the build (in the doc below).

I wanted to keep it budget friendly, and at about 120$, I think I did it. The largest single expense was the can of stain.
Attached Files
File Type: doc Grillpics.doc (2.67 MB, 126 views)
ChristopherB is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2015, 10:50 PM   #909
AZRaptor
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Jeff

My black SS Performer is my most used kettle out of the eight I own. Three of them are in the midst of being refurbed. The two black 22s just need the time put into them, but the red Weber Gas Kettle Performer has been (and continues to be) a royal pain to get parts for.
"[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3394956&postcount=48"]Eleanor[/URL]" my [URL="http://www.ShirleyFabrication.com"]Shirley Fabrication[/URL] 24x50 RF Straight Back Cabinet Smoker
[URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/"]Blaz’n Grill Works[/URL] [URL="http://www.blazngrillworks.com/the-grid-iron/"]Grid Iron[/URL] Pellet smoker
AZRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 01:42 PM   #910
Moose

Name/Nickname : Richard

2018 Bump!
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 01:45 PM   #911
Blizzard
Full Fledged Farker

I can see already I would like a table for mine. I have a table saw, I guess some 2x4’s at Home Depot is all I need.
Blizzard is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 02:37 PM   #912
ssv3

Name/Nickname : Sako

2010 Performer (sold)

Current line up:

Scored these two for $40 (Wood handles)

My '93 WGA

'88 Smokey Joe (still in the box)

'15 Jumbo Joe

'18 LE 22" kettle

Blackstone Griddle Retrofit
Blackstone Pizza Oven
WSJ(K) WGA(P) WJJ(CU) W22(BI) W26(CL)
Pit Barrer Junior
Kingsford Oval (resto mod)
ssv3 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 03:45 PM   #913
SlickRockStones
Take a breath!

Name/Nickname : Gary

2005 OT. Replaced sweeps, Polished legs and beer can shims in sockets. Hammer tone silver on triangle. Added ash catcher, stainless grates and stainless baskets. Ten inch wheels and peg leg for a little altitude. Slide-a-side lid holder and magnetic hooks. My 26er has a Slow-n-Sear and it shares a vortex with the 22.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (64.4 KB, 127 views)
SlickRockStones is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 06:02 PM   #914
dbhost
On the road to being a farker

Today is my first burn in my new, absolutely bottom of the line Weber Jumbo Joe Premium. At least bottom of the 22" kettle line....

I am doing an indirect smoking of 2 full racks of baby backs on the Jumbo Joe. I have added a Weber hang on bool rack, and a flip end grate from Home Depot.

I also have, and am currently doing an indrect cook of about 3lbs of pre marinated fajita chicken breast on my Smokey Joe Silver.

The Jumbo Joe premium is pending delivery of a 2" dial thermometer that will get installed in the lid just outside of hte hanger hook to get the temps as close as possible to the grate.

I know lots of folks swear by digital thermometers. And I DO have a digital meat thermometer, but I am on digital #4 in 2 years. They keep dying on me...

FWIW, I am an hour into my first burn on the Jumbo Joe. So far. so good. Temps are holding where they should although it took me a bit to get the temp right, but they are staying in the 225 - 250 range, and a nice stedy thin stream of sweet blue smoke is speweing out of the lid vents.

I bought my Jumbo Joe Premium after a neighbor hot one a few years ago and was able to have better smokes with his Jumbo Joe Premium than me piddling around on my Smokey Joe... It was time to upsize...

Once the ribs and chicken come off both of these, I am going to spread the coals and top them up, and start grilling hot dogs, brats, and burgers... All of this gets stashed and put aside for lunches and dinners next week...

Last edited by dbhost; 06-24-2018 at 06:25 PM.. Reason: Added pic.
dbhost is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2018, 06:06 PM   #915
Bob C Cue
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Who knew there were appreciations before the UDS, WSM and PBC?
Thermapen Classic
Thermoworks Smoke

Ephesians 2:8-9
For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast
Bob C Cue is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
appreciation threads, kettle, Weber, weber kettle, weber kettle methods, weber kettle mods