bludawg style Brisket Thread

mcyork28

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Could somebody please direct me to the thread that has the instructions for the "bludawg brisket"? A buddy of mine is going to cook one today and I wanted to send him a link. I have tried the search function but can't seem to put my hands on it.

Thanks

Thanks GrillinGuy, I spent about 30min on the search function but just missed it I guess.

He uses no foil.... not sure why he uses butcher paper; as any rumors as to the myth that foil causes Alzheimers are totally untrue.

I have never used foil or butcher paper as I recall.

I don't agree with the above post. Any rumors as to the myth that foil causes Alzheimers are totally untrue.

Please be careful, I have Rd something about aluminum foil and early on set. ...something abput I link between foil and all timer hers.

There is as much a link between foil and Alzheimer's as there is between vaccines and autism.. And in case you're wondering that link is zero. There is no evidence outside of crazy debunked scientists looking for money

The reason I use butcher paper and the reason I think you should as well is because unlike foil it doesn't hold in the moisture and steam your bark, it wicks away the moisture and slows the evaporative cooling, so you can power through the stall and keep your bark intact. I personally get the most repeatable success from wrapping with butcher paper after the bark gets the color I like. Generally that happens shortly after the stall begins.

I can't remember if I use foil or not, but I'm pretty sure I butcher paper my steaks and chicken…and I got vaccinated for my autism already.
The vaccine gave me the Flu, so there is that.
I use foil when I cook brisket in my steamer, because frankly, I hate steamed brisket.
It reminds me of Joan Rivers…and I'm not eating that.

I want to be more helpful but the OP confused me. He wants to send his mate a sausage but he can't put his hands on the 'search engine'.
It all sounds very suspicious and dodgy to me.

He also doesn't use a diffuser or heat shield.. or whatever you want to call it.. no foil either.. I.. think.. :wink:

There is as much a link between foil and Alzheimer's as there is between vaccines and autism.. And in case you're wondering that link is zero. There is no evidence outside of crazy debunked scientists looking for money

The reason I use butcher paper and the reason I think you should as well is because unlike foil it doesn't hold in the moisture and steam your bark, it wicks away the moisture and slows the evaporative cooling, so you can power through the stall and keep your bark intact. I personally get the most repeatable success from wrapping with butcher paper after the bark gets the color I like. Generally that happens shortly after the stall begins.

This guy is incredible fun to screw with. I'm gonna try and friend him

Dang, can't friend him... Not a real member or something..... Why can't I friend him .No option.

I don't even know what that means, this isn't facebook? and aren't we all like bbq super friends on here?

Oh... Sorry... Got over it.

Mods.. Is calling another brethren...Er... Or another person on here a "douche" still considered a personal attack? Not that I am saying Aquaman overthere is a douche bag of course. And we alllllllll know about Aquaman.

I've been away a while. I want to play nice and the guy just seemed caustic enough to possibly be brilliant. My bad, Artesia.

Come to think of it.... Didn't this forum have the ability to "friend" someone even BEFORE Facebook anyway?

Oh... Sorry... Got over it.

Mods.. Is calling another brethren...Er... Or another person on here a "douche" still considered a personal attack? Not that I am saying Aquaman overthere is a douche bag of course. And we alllllllll know about Aquaman.

I've been away a while. I want to play nice and the guy just seemed caustic enough to possibly be brilliant. My bad, Artesia.

Not sure that is the right term for aquaman, he can't squirt water at things to clean them, his only power is swimming and breathing in water.

Back