Shots Fired 🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫🔫

i use a cinder block i bought at lowes for $1 , it hasn't cracked or exploded yet. I definitely wouldn't put my chimney starter on my concrete walkway just for the simple fact charcoal and heat would discolor it.

I had this happen on a stone patio, about a week after it was installed.

You can see a round depression in the stone, and it does accumulate water, otherwise it isn't really noticeable.

Everybody get a cinder block.
The thought of Adams taking cover with a 10mm as a prov1 rolls by his nose is causing a hell of the case of chuckles! Eyes darting to and fro as the prov1 is safely placed in the pocket...."What are ya doing out here baby"

-D

My neighbor just had a 20' X 6" patio poured and had a 3" pipe with a 90deg bend that comes up the middle of his fire pit and runs under the slab and exits to draw air for better combustion. I told him the fresh concrete in the bottom of his pit (stacked landscape blocks) will pawl and likely explode and as an added bonus, every time it rains that grey sludge is going to run under the brick and roll across their new concrete staining it forever.
He said "oh?"
Ed

You're a walking man. I constantly see random bricks laying around on most of my urban walks near construction. Workers say take them. Think of it as weight training.

Memory Lane- the most dangerous highway to travel :))

We had an extremely hot summer here a couple years ago (even for our standards) and I 20 blew up in several places.....whoever said it couldnt happen......just hasn’t lived in the south.....

Wow... I’ve heard this, but never a first hand account.

I’ve always just set mine on the bottom rack of the kettle, then just picked up and poured when ready. Just always thought it was easier that way.... Dumb luck born of laziness I guess...[emoji16]

VR,
Harold

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We had an extremely hot summer here a couple years ago (even for our standards) and I 20 blew up in several places.....whoever said it couldnt happen......just hasn’t lived in the south.....

Dude, do you recall the "Remember Duane Allman" carved into the bluffs on I20 back in the 70's?

Done it. Makes a good conversation starter though-- you wouldn't believe this meteor hit friggin right here-----my .45 was on the table then the dog ran by and....can you believe I dropped a shaker of ghost pepper powder and came out the next morning and....

Fire in the hole!

Thanks for the cautionary tale.

For my daughters graduation I was doing pulled pork and had my brother helping get ready. I needed some more lump to get the temp up and he put the chimney on the concrete pad outside the shop. Luckily I was right there and told him not to do it or it will explode. Hopefully he learned something that day. Not sure, since the beer we had probably made him forget it all.

Back