Finally have a new family member

GMDGeek

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Not the best of pics - I'll be taking some better ones tomorrow when I get it burned in but ...

After doing some shopping, working within a set budget (per-determined and enforced by the boss ... aka The Wife) I settled on an R&O Smoker. The guys were nice and pretty easy going. Plus they were not far of a drive for me. I love supporting local businesses and before some of you point it out - yes I know Jambo is local for me as well however those beauties were out of my price range.

After seeing the R&O smoker's working and the builds I was satisfied with what I saw. I checked out a few others but I really liked the R&O.

Plenty of cook space, running water, storage, and an insulated firebox. I'm a happy man!

IMG_20130613_210702_650_zpse303b010.jpg

2013061295181252_zps54cd29f4.jpg

2013061295181102_zps26146e45.jpg

IMG_20130612_182041_302_zps0b2b9414.jpg

Need some feedback on this idea - I talked to a friend who works a a rhino lining place ... I was thinking of Rhino Lining the bottom 4" of the trailer on the outside as well as the floor of the cargo carry area. NO Rhino on the Firebox or Pit.

Thoughts?

Need some feedback on this idea - I talked to a friend who works a a rhino lining place ... I was thinking of Rhino Lining the bottom 4" of the trailer on the outside as well as the floor of the cargo carry area. NO Rhino on the Firebox or Pit.

Thoughts?

First off, awesome pit-just sweet!!!!:clap:

Most of the lining products you speak of, the paint must be chemically or physically prepped.
There are protective vehicle film products that can be applied without damaging the paint. We use them at the race track to protect some VERY expensive cars. They are offered in many colors including clear.
My .02 before you go sanding that beautiful rig!

There are protective vehicle film products that can be applied without damaging the paint. We use them at the race track to protect some VERY expensive cars. They are offered in many colors including clear.

You happen to have a link to where I can find those linings? I know that I've seen several trailers where the bottom area is pocked up from rocks being kicked up or chains slipping off. I want to keep her (I think its a her, not sure yet as I can't name or assign a gender til I've actually cooked on it a couple times) purdy!

Never heard of that type of smoker (guess I'm too far away), but it looks like a very nice pit. Congrats.

You happen to have a link to where I can find those linings? I know that I've seen several trailers where the bottom area is pocked up from rocks being kicked up or chains slipping off. I want to keep her (I think its a her, not sure yet as I can't name or assign a gender til I've actually cooked on it a couple times) purdy!

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/Clear-Universal-Guard-Paint-Protection/dp/B003EP52BU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1371217510&sr=8-1&keywords=3m+protective+film"]Amazon.com: XPEL Clear Universal Door Sill Guard (60" x 2.75") Paint Protection Film Kit: Automotive[/ame]

you could also talk to a local vynl shop and just get a nice vynl strip down the sides, that is 4" thick that would add some protection to the bottom edge. You can then pick up some pray on liner for the cargo area. or even some rubber under coating.

Nice stickburner there, It looks like a Jambo replica to me. what is the price difference in the Jambo and the R&O?

Nice stickburner there, It looks like a Jambo replica to me. what is the price difference in the Jambo and the R&O?

There are some differences but I saved over $4000K and having seen the R&O build quality I am very satisfied.

What is not seen in the picture is a Grill (charcoal) that they building that will sit in the back where a chicken burner would go.

Will be posting pics in a new thread tomorrow but thought I'd hit this one up - Burned in the R&O pit then did 6 racks of ribs and a mess of wings - OMG I've died and gone to heaven! This thing rules!

Back