MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 04-04-2014, 12:48 PM   #1
Pigdude
On the road to being a farker

Unhappy Meat tax article on www.msn.com

Yikes. When the economy is down, the government starts to get desperate for revenue. States experimenting with Marijuana tax...and now also hearing more about a meat tax...WTF...Will they ever consider lowering their operating expenses?

http://money.msn.com/tax-tips/post--...or-taxing-meat
Pigdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 12:55 PM   #2
markdtn
is one Smokin' Farker

Guess I'll have to grow my own.
markdtn is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 01:14 PM   #3
bigticket1
Knows what a fatty is.

Read the comments section at the end of the article - there are some good ones in there.
bigticket1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 01:23 PM   #4
ButtBurner
Babbling Farker

its on MSN

that says it all...
Member Great Lakes BBQ Assn
ServSafe Food Handler Certified
[URL]https://www.facebook.com/pages/Michigan-Custom-Que/327994370697180?sk=timeline[/URL]
ButtBurner is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 01:27 PM   #5
oldbill
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pigdude View Post
Yikes. When the economy is down, the government starts to get desperate for revenue. States experimenting with Marijuana tax...and now also hearing more about a meat tax...WTF...Will they ever consider lowering their operating expenses?

Yeah, it's about time for another "tea party" and I'm not talking about some political organization either!!!
Our forefathers went to war over a LOT less than what we're seeing now! If they come after my beef, I might have to get my gun off the wall!

Thanks from:--->
Old 04-04-2014, 01:53 PM   #6
deepsouth
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:

that is no more than an individual's blog post. nothing more than if i started a thread saying we should tax XXXXXXX product because of XXXXXX.

Old 04-04-2014, 06:41 PM   #7
castlepines
is One Chatty Farker

Good thing we aren't packing it in a pipe and smoking it or they'd make it illegal.
castlepines is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 07:28 PM   #8
sliding_billy
somebody shut me the fark up.

Name/Nickname : )

Yeah, increasing taxes always works so well for economic recovery. Idiots!

Old 04-04-2014, 07:35 PM   #9
Teleking
is One Chatty Farker

Sucker born every minute... And the date was what on Monday, April 1?
Teleking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 08:27 PM   #10
Pigdude
On the road to being a farker

Teleking-I honestly think it is a real article. The date written was on monday 3/31. Stupid article and stupid idea, but seems like enough facts and research presented anyway. UNLESS i am just stupid and don't know it. :-)
Pigdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #11
revkab
is one Smokin' Farker

The author was probably a covert, charter member of his local chapter of PETA.

BBQ'ed tofu anyone?
[COLOR=blue][B][SIZE=3]That Smokin' Preacher. Ribs and :mad2:[COLOR=red]Hot Peppers[/COLOR]:mad2:[/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][LIST][*][B]WKG (Weber Kettle Grill)[/B][*][B][COLOR=navy]Brinkman heavy duty Cimarron offset[/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=red]Custom built 72" x 40" Offset logburner[/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=navy]One Butt Ugly Drum Smoker[/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=black]One big tow-behind Wood-fired grill [/COLOR][/B][*][B][COLOR=#ff0000][COLOR=gray]and one itty bitty gasser[/COLOR] :doh:[/COLOR][/B][/LIST]
revkab is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
code3rrt
Babbling Farker

Well, I see it's from Bloomberg, what else would you expect........tax people into better health, what a joke!

KC

Old 04-05-2014, 10:40 AM   #13
Teleking
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Teleking-I honestly think it is a real article. The date written was on monday 3/31. Stupid article and stupid idea, but seems like enough facts and research presented anyway. UNLESS i am just stupid and don't know it. :-)
Yep my bad, thinking Monday was the first. Sorry
Teleking is offline   Reply With Quote