My New Trailer Smoker Score

The Smoking Pig

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I got this beauty for $400 after some artful negotiations. Has some rust but should be easily taken care of. Fire box appears to 1/2 or 1/4 sides are alittle thinner and the fire box needs a rack. But me and my dad are gonna tinker with it tomorrow and do a nice burn to clean it out. The doors are pretty heavy duty. Only unfortunate thing is the two grates are only the size of the doors and there is no grate in between. But I figure it is more then worth it. The pictures I hope are attached are the ones from the seller. I would have taken more but it was an absolute downpour for the second half of the day.

Attachments

• bbqtrailer1.jpg
    bbqtrailer1.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 385
  • bbqtrailer2.jpg
    bbqtrailer2.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 383
  • bbqtrailer3.jpg
    bbqtrailer3.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 387
  • bbqtrailer4.jpg
    bbqtrailer4.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 386
I'm so jealous. I've been looking and looking, and we are even in the same general area. Good find!

looks like a good deal. clean it up, you can get a longer grate made no problem, I would add a wood storage box of some sort if you plan on using it more then at your house.

A great score...

A little TLC and you will have a great smoker..

Nice score! A little elbow grease and it will be good as new. $400.00 for a pit that size on a trailer is a steal

Good buy! If you want to clean it up and don't want to spend the cash for sand blasting, you can always knock off any heavy stuff with a pressure washer & wire brush then wipe down with ospho - EXTERIOR ONLY - and let dry in the sun for a day or two. The oshpo will act like a etching primer and hold a good high temp BBQ paint (i.e., Rustoleum) as well as anything. Careful of that horseshoe handle on the firebox damper, probably gonna get pretty hot!
http://www.ospho.com/directions.htm

Looks like a nice big firebox... I predict lots of great smoking on that thing!

Good find! :thumb:

I don't even want an offset smoker on a trailer and I would have had to buy that for $400. Nice find!

Back