Pellet Smoker Grilla grills vs Rectec vs Traeger

I am also looking at pellet grills and was leaning to RecTec until I saw it was made it China. Any thoughts on best US built pellet grill?

Any thoughts on best US built pellet grill?

You've got several great choices. I'm pleased with my Outlaw. Others are fans of MAK, Yoder, Blaz'n Grill Works, Pitts & Spitts, Cookshack, Assassin, etc. Lone Star Grillz has just come out with a unit that may be the best of them all.

What's your budget?

I hate the gimmicky horns on the Recteq, but it’s a good grill. So is the Grilla though, and now that it has WiFi standard I would lean towards that especially with the insulated body. Traeger quality for a comparable priced machine is just not there.

I think the horns are fantastic. However if I had small children or grandchildren I would be afraid they might poke their eyes out.

I researched on pellet grills for a very long time and have decided on the Char Griller 980, just a matter of finding one now, they been sold out forever. I think the combo of convenience and wood/charcoal flavor will be hard to beat.

I researched on pellet grills for a very long time and have decided on the Char Griller 980, just a matter of finding one now, they been sold out forever. I think the combo of convenience and wood/charcoal flavor will be hard to beat.

Good choice!

Good choice!

Now that I've decided, I'm really wanting to get one. I live in the Kansas City area, lots of Lowes and Menards around, all sold out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will show up soon, I'd like to pickup if possible, avoid shipping cost and possible damage.

The only reason I mention the pot location is that it seems like all the center ones can't give you the offset-like convection of, say, a Yoder with the fire pot on the left and the stack to the right. The center ones just seem to fill the chamber with smoke and heat with no real flow pattern.

I would disagree that having an offset pot has any real advantages with regard to the final product.

I have the recteq RT-700 and love it. It quickly became my go to cooker. It’s a very well built smoker. I can’t speak for Grilla, but I can say that comparably speaking, the recteq is better built than any of the Traegers I’ve seen. Customer service is unbeatable as well. I did a TON of research and when I finally pulled the trigger I was a bit nervous because I was strictly going by stuff I read and YouTube videos I watched. That nervousness was immediately gone when the cooker arrived and I saw the quality first hand that I read about.

The only reason I mention the pot location is that it seems like all the center ones can't give you the offset-like convection of, say, a Yoder with the fire pot on the left and the stack to the right. The center ones just seem to fill the chamber with smoke and heat with no real flow pattern.

That’s an interesting idea. You’ve given me something to think about. [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Now that I've decided, I'm really wanting to get one. I live in the Kansas City area, lots of Lowes and Menards around, all sold out for a couple of weeks. Hopefully they will show up soon, I'd like to pickup if possible, avoid shipping cost and possible damage.

I ended up having mine shipped through Lowe's because they were sold out everywhere near me. Took 10 days, but arrived damage free. I'm also not sure I could have gotten one through my local Lowe's that wasn't already assembled, and I'd always rather assemble it myself.

Back