How many days a week do you Q? How much is too much?

Yeah I go in waves too.
When comp season is in and vending thrown in there, there's less time to cook at home. This year we competed 18 weeks between March and October.

The coolest thing is when I pull up at home after work and my son is cooking on the grill for the family. Boy knows how to grill a brat PROPER!

Many of my smokers have been feeling neglected though.....

3-4 times a week at the least. Never too much.

Smoke ~ every other weekend - when I cook, I make it worth my time.

Similar, but when the weather is nice every week. I like to cook a lot at once but not do it every day. Leftovers are easier for me due to work schedule.

I smoke and grill like a Democrat votes --"early and often"

My wife is am amazing cook in the kitchen so we have a good split but its usually 2 or 3 times a week im grilling/smoking.

I definitely go in waves. But, when I do a brisket or butt, that is enough meat to last me for a few days. I tend to not like to freeze meats, so I eat a large cut until it is gone. I might not BBQ or grill for a couple of weeks, or more. But, when I do return to it, I will do some spectacular cooks.

I try to smoke something at least once a week. I work nights 12 hours, and my weekend is on Mon and Tues. If I had more time, I would "Q" everyday!

Wife says if I'm cookin dinner, she does not care how or on what. So 3-5 times a week either grilling or in the smoker. Retirement has many benefits.

K good to hear, and for good measures I finished some bbr, s that were sitting in the fridge. I couldn't just leave them...

Attachments

• 20131110_161947.jpg
    20131110_161947.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 15
Varies with the season. Average about 2 times per week. More in the summer, less in the winter. If it was just me.....probably more, sometimes a lot more!

I try to do once a week in summer, winter... Maybe once or twice a month. Cold smoking takes over at this time of year

If I smoke a butt, chicken, brisket or ribs, it usually lasts me for a few meals.
Guess I don't smoke as often as it seems.

Back