Aaron Franklin: Pulled Pork

Odd thing is - I live in Texas. I shop for meat in Texas. And between RD, Costco, Sam's, and a couple other places I've never seen a Pork Shoulder with bone in. Unless I go to the butcher, I've kind of given up on it.

Anyone in the Dallas / Wylie area have any suggestions.

First, it's a pork butt, not a shoulder. Second, you aren't looking hard enough. RD offers both bone-in and boneless.

I like Franklin's style and I'd like to break bread with him, but I doubt I'll ever stand in line for 2 hours to eat his food.

Maybe some day my ol' lady will leave me for him and he'll be kind enough to throw me a brisket to help keep all the beer down I'll be drinking. :p
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Odd thing is - I live in Texas. I shop for meat in Texas. And between RD, Costco, Sam's, and a couple other places I've never seen a Pork Shoulder with bone in. Unless I go to the butcher, I've kind of given up on it.

Anyone in the Dallas / Wylie area have any suggestions.

All of HEB's boston butts have the bone.

Does anyone know what brand of smoker that stick burner is that Franklin uses???? I cannot tell.

Thanks for the info – I have seen those. They seem to be nice units for what they are. I am not into using a stick burner but those seem heavy enough.

Great Video!
I like it when the product or the process is the star.

In this one, he shows exactly how simple Butts are to cook.
Not Rocket Science 8)

Arron is a BBQ GOD for sure.

Thanks for the link.

TIM

He's a likeable guy and that butt looked great ! I like the idea of all that black pepper too....

He's a likeable guy and that butt looked great ! I like the idea of all that black pepper too....

Seems like a real down to earth guy. I've watched all of his videos and I don't do things the same way he does, but I'm sure if I did, I would get terrific results. I'll be incorporating some of his tips in my cooks.

Does anyone know what brand of smoker that stick burner is that Franklin uses???? I cannot tell.

In one of the earlier brisket videos, he goes into detail about what mods he made to that smoker, and I think they show the badge so you can see what brand it is.

Back