BREAKINGNEWS: winter kills bbq season

• Thread starter Smokenstein & monster crew
  • Start date
S

Smokenstein & monster crew

This time of year, when covering the smoker is just a bummer......
BOO HOO, Happy Holidays to all you BBQ freaks

not for me, time to practice, practice, and practice even more.

we practice or smoke something every weekend, except for christmas :becky:!

Same here. I just finished a deer and a brisket on the smoker. I may skip thanksgiving weekend, but I'm sure the following weekend I'll be rolling smoke! It may be cold outside, but it is always warm by the smoker!!

Guess I missed the memo...just did a brisket yesterday...:becky:...gonna smoke a turkey on turkey day...then another brisket next weekend...then cookin' lamb in Seattle in January...:thumb:

Not quite yet... one more comp to do in two weeks! Possibly Dec 30-31 as well.

Not for me either - time to experiment & practice. Will be smoking at least once a week. Can't wait to post pics of smokin' in the snow...

no winter here, high of 82 today!!!!!!!

I have a double contest in 2 weeks, then 4 in January.
You guys need to head south, we play all year long :biggrin1:

I'm sure enjoying it down here this winter. Everybody should be able to move south for 5 months and then go back to a place like West Michigan. Of course if we all did that then the housing prices would be thru the roof and there'd be no room.

I'm with you RUB, We play all year round down here, probably be out in the Gulf 30 miles fishing on Saturday and smoking the catch on Sunday or perhaps Golf on Saturday and smoking ribs on Sunday, just can't decide..

Um.
No. :heh:

When does fire care about cold? You live about 5 miles from me. We got the same weather, and it NEVER stopped the cooking. Look close at the BYC, u can see the fire is going in the Firebox. :becky:

picture.php

picture.php

Labrador_Highway_Snow.jpg

No steenking snow will stop me from bbq'in, now if I can only find the dang smoker!! :confused: :thumb:

Back