MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-10-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
caseydog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Default Compensating for cold weather on OTG

Has anyone figured out how much to compensate on briquettes (lit and unlit) when smoking on a OTG as the ambient temperature drops?

It would be cool to have a "for every ten degrees colder, add XX lit briquettes and XX unlit briquettes."

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2010, 06:07 PM   #2
Baby Back Maniac
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseydog View Post
Has anyone figured out how much to compensate on briquettes (lit and unlit) when smoking on a OTG as the ambient temperature drops?

It would be cool to have a "for every ten degrees colder, add XX lit briquettes and XX unlit briquettes."

CD
Because the kettle is so good about snuffing out, I just load it up everything when I'm smoking. If there is any leftover, I know I'll use it next time.

Sorry, I know that's not much help.
Baby Back Maniac is offline   Reply With Quote