Garnish for your boxes were do you buy?

Shiz-Nit

Babbling Farker
I have a comp this weekend and everywhere around here their parsley is trash!

Were do buy yours most of the time?

Rd is best I've found. I also worked with a local supermarket up in mi and had them order a case of parsley for me as rd was 150 miles away.

We ordered a couple times thru our local market but it also can be hit or miss. Just because it is fresh to their store, it may have set in a warehouse for a week.

Wife buys the parsley and she may need to visit two or three stores on Wednesday to get 8 to 12 good bunches.

RD also. But, if stucj have bought from local grocery store. If looks wilted cut the stems off a 1/2 inch or so and place in water. That usually refreashes it pretty well. keith

We look all over in our towns (there are four of us from two towns), on the way to the comps, and in the stores around the comps. Good parsley is hard to find, apparently.

Once I started getting food at RD I saw they had parsley in plastic clam shell boxes and was a little cautious at first since you can't really see and inspect every single bunch in the box. But after seeing how good they in fact are even without inspecting it is the only place I get them from now.

In a pinch Publix typically has good stuff, but you never know how many good bunches they will have on any given day. Prior to RD I would start looking for parsley on Monday as it might take a couple days and many grocery stores to get what I needed.

If the parsley is bad - use all green leaf. I haven't used parsley in any of my boxes in a while. This is 2nd place chicken from Smokin' in Mesquite a couple weeks ago.

Attachments

• LootNBootyChicken.jpg
    LootNBootyChicken.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 70
I find that the organic parsley is usually better in quality than most regular parsley. I figure the time value of money is worth the extra cost per bunch. I just scout out the supermarkets and see who usually has the best bunches. I recently found some really good parsley at a big asian market by me, so don't overlook some offbeat places.

Back