Thermometers

Zaq123

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Any thoughts on a thermometer with long probe wires, preferable 4 probes?

Inkbird is pretty nice. You should also specify if you want wifi, Bluetooth or what. I had a maverick and it was junk. The new 4 probe maverick looks better though. Thermoworks just came out with a 4 probe thermometer called channels that some people like.

After a few Maverick's that were ok. Then a couple other brands.
The new Maverick XR-50 works as stated. I finally have a remote that reads in the house. 4 probes. easier off/on (it is right there on the front of the unit, not the back). This is what I had expected/wanted with all prior units I purchased.

https://www.maverickthermometers.com/product/xr-50/

After a few Maverick's that were ok. Then a couple other brands.
The new Maverick XR-50 works as stated. I finally have a remote that reads in the house. 4 probes. easier off/on (it is right there on the front of the unit, not the back). This is what I had expected/wanted with all prior units I purchased.

https://www.maverickthermometers.com/product/xr-50/

The picture of it shows 2 food probes and 2 grate probes. The description says it comes with 4 probes. Is the picture accurate? And do the grate probes come with mounting clips?

Thermoworks has the new Signals which is a four wire thermometer but it's a lot more expensive at about $225 than the Maverick listed above. I don't have either so I don't know how well they work.

Id go with Maverick. The battery life of the signals is laughable.

The picture of it shows 2 food probes and 2 grate probes. The description says it comes with 4 probes. Is the picture accurate? And do the grate probes come with mounting clips?
EASY TO USE: After a few minutes you’ll understand how to program all features!
FLEXIBILITY: The XR-50 has 4 WATERPROOF probes that measure meat or BBQ. Yes 2 clips for grates
MASSIVE RANGE: With 500 ft range line of sight the XR-50 breaks records! MUCH better range than the typical 150-300 ft!
LARGE EASY TO READ DISPLAYS with backlight!

How long are the probes for the thermoworks signals or the maverick? Thanks

I bought a Tenergy Solis from Woot.com a while back. Has 6 probes, runs a Bluetooth app on your phone or Pad. $40 and works great....real nice outfit.

FireBoard - https://www.fireboard.com

It has 6 inputs you can mix and match ambient and meat probes. It has WiFi and Bluetooth. They provide free Cloud storage of current and historic data on past smoke/grill sessions. You can look at the data on a PC via a web browser, smartphone or tablet (Apple or Android). You can name probes and edit names for your current session. So you can name it by meat type, grill location, probe type or whatever. It allows you to set temperature alerts that can be via the app, SMS text to your smartphone and email alerts. You can buy ala cart or in kits. The big kit comes with the monitor unit, 8 probes (2 ambient and 6 meat) and USB to USB-C charger & cable.

It is gadget nirvana.

I've got a Maverick XR-50. There's some things to improve on, but I'm happy with it. 4 probes for under $100 and huge range.

It has 6 inputs you can mix and match ambient and meat probes. It has WiFi and Bluetooth. They provide free Cloud storage of current and historic data on past smoke/grill sessions. You can look at the data on a PC via a web browser, smartphone or tablet (Apple or Android). You can name probes and edit names for your current session. So you can name it by meat type, grill location, probe type or whatever. It allows you to set temperature alerts that can be via the app, SMS text to your smartphone and email alerts. You can buy ala cart or in kits. The big kit comes with the monitor unit, 8 probes (2 ambient and 6 meat) and USB to USB-C charger & cable.

It is gadget nirvana.

:thumb::thumb: Hands down the best in my opinion.
DanB

Fireboard has been great. Easy to monitor on a smartphone or tablet. 6 ports, can get competition probes which are about 1.5" long, good for ribs or chicken, regular length probes, and temp probes for the smoker. I leave my probes in my stick-burner so wrapped color tape around the plug to readily identify which probe.

It is gadget nirvana.

I am another fan of the Fireboard, you can check temps from your phone and or Ipad.

Back