need good rib rub recipe

Bobaque

Found some matches.
Reaction score
I ran out of plowboys pork rub. And i am in need of a good rib rub recipe to make some great ribs. Please help

From my blog:

When using my own rub, I use a basic rub blend (the Mother Rub) as shown below, that has no sugar or salt added. Then I add additions that I think will complement the meat and method of cooking that I plan to use. My use of the term 'mother' hearkens to the concept of mother sauces from traditional French cuisine, a sauce that is rarely use alone, instead it is a base from which to begin.

Bob’s Basic Mother Rub Mix
1/4 cup ground black pepper
1/4 cup Gebhardts chili powder
1 tablespoon lemon, lime or orange zest (dried)
1 teaspoon powdered garlic
1 teaspoon powdered toasted onion

From here various ingredients can be added, such as kosher salt, additional pepper or chile powders based upon the meat to be cooked. Some other favorite additions are dry mustard, poultry seasoning, maple sugar or turbinado sugar, cinnamon and dried herbs. One the the great things that develop from use of dry rubs and a little low and slow is a tasty bark, as seen in the brisket show below.

For pork, I would add 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1T powdered mustard and 1/8 cup turbinado or brown sugar. Very simple rub that works well for me.

Back