New Smoker pics

U

ulikadawgs

http://ulikabbq.shutterfly.com/action/

Here are the picture of my new smoker. The only thing left to do is add the shelf, mount it to the trailer, and paint it. My first cook should be in the next couple of weeks. I will add pictures from the first cook.

That's a big farkin smoker!

Great Job! I can tell you know what you are doing! Very professional!

Now that's what I call a smoker. I need that much space. Seems I'm alway's overloading the Dera and Silver Smoker in order to get my orders out.

Sawdustguy said:
Great Job! I can tell you know what you are doing! Very professional!

Well I didn't do the work. I found a guy to do all the welding but it was my design. I wanted to find someone that had some experience building smokers and I have been very pleased. I'll be taking it to my first competition next month. So that means I will have to get in as many practice runs as possible.

Even so, I bet you saved alot of cash doing it this way. Imagine what it would have cost if you bought a similar commercial smoker. Best of luck.

Lookin' good!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap

ulikadawgs said:
Well I didn't do the work. I found a guy to do all the welding but it was my design. I wanted to find someone that had some experience building smokers and I have been very pleased. I'll be taking it to my first competition next month. So that means I will have to get in as many practice runs as possible.

Very nice !
I have 2 step sons in Houston that are welders and just looking at
the pics, it looks like you got a good one to do the job.
Congrats to you.

Nice job! Looks like a good smoker. Let us know how it cooks.

Great job! Thanks for posting the pics. I have a smoker started, and the more information and pictures the better. There was a great post on the Klose site. A guy showed his smoker from soup to nuts. He had some great ideas for laying out and cutting the doors using a steel pipe for the cooking chamber. He brought up a ton of things I never thought about.

Have fun!

finished product

here is a picture of the finished smoker. I will post pics next week after I have the first cook.

Attachments

• finished-cooker.gif
    finished-cooker.gif
    343.3 KB · Views: 154
Looks great. Let us know how your first cook turns out.

That looks very nice. Well situated with room to add some wood storage,or work tables,or coolers, etc. Whatever you decide to do. I am sure you've spent enough money already, but get the measurement of your wheel lug's bolt pattern and keep an eye on craigs list. It will take awhile, but you should be able to find some custom aftermarket wheels with tires mounted for a song. Not neccesary at all, but adds a touch of class.

I just came back to this thread to check out your smoker again, and I have a question: Why do you have a chimney at each end? I've never seen that before, so I thought I'd ask.

The rig looks great by the way!

Thanks,
Mike

Awesome looking smoker!! Yeah, why two pipes... Also, are you across the street from a cemetary?

Gatordawg said:
Awesome looking smoker!! Yeah, why two pipes... Also, are you across the street from a cemetary?

There's something subliminal about that.......

Nice rig.

well I have plates in the bottom that are removable and this way I can use this cooker as a reverse flow (lang) or I can remove most of the plates and use it in a traditional way. Since I was designing it I thought this would give me the most options and I like the look of the two smoke stacks. Those smoke stacks are 6 inch pipes made from a 18 wheeler exhaust pipe.

Yes that is a cemetary. It is across the street from where I painted the smoker.

Back