Found good prices for "Discada" Discs... What is a good size?

I've got an 18" and I feel that it's a great size, plenty big enough to make breakfast for 7-8 people at least, but not so large that it's a total pain to store or move around.

I don't use mine as a fryer or anything tho, so can't comment on that.

Edit: Forgot to mention, I would grab the thinner of the ones available, mine has been worn to a smooth thin edge and is still stinkin heavy and holds the heat well.

This one looks good, a little thinner, and shallower concave and cheaper - http://www.agrisupply.com/66585/p/66585/cn/4500000/

18" and up is a good size. What is more important is the depth of the disc. Some are almost flat while others have more depth. One with good depth will allow you to shallow fry things a lot better.

22 inch

Image2-1.jpg

Wouldnt the 3mm warp over time?

I believe that would be about 1/8".(I'm no math person, though) That would be just fine. Remember that with discs, you don't really want to cook with very high heat, more like med, and then you let the disc heat up and distribute the heat throughout the metal. The top, outter edges will be cooler and that where you can rest food. It's really just like having a three zone fire. Hot, med, and warm(resting area). I think KnucklHed even had groves grinded into his so that it would hold the food up better on the top outter edge. The disc that I have isn't even a plow disc. It's the bell end of the interior tank of a water heater. It's probably about 1/8"s thick or so and has never warped.

Back