Kamado Joe ribs w/ Kamado Joe Peach Rub

rwalters

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
All I can say is OH MY!!!! 1st of all, I had no idea how "different" the KJ lineup of rubs would be! They use organic evaporated cane juice which is actually brilliant, as it has a higher burn point. It's much easier to get a killer color on your finished product vs the often times "black"... These ribs went into my Kamado Joe Big Joe for about 5 hours at 225°...I was in the mood for a long loooow-n-slow cook. No foil wrap was used during this cook. They simply sat in the moist smoky goodness til done. Take a look at what organic evaporated cane juice comes out like. Love the color!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 186
WOW is right RW. I wasn't aware about KJ rubs using cane juice. Interesting. Nice looking bark.

All I can say is OH MY!!!! 1st of all, I had no idea how "different" the KJ lineup of rubs would be! They use organic evaporated cane juice which is actually brilliant, as it has a higher burn point. It's much easier to get a killer color on your finished product vs the often times "black"... These ribs went into my Kamado Joe Big Joe for about 5 hours at 225°...I was in the mood for a long loooow-n-slow cook. No foil wrap was used during this cook. They simply sat in the moist smoky goodness til done. Take a look at what organic evaporated cane juice comes out like. Love the color!!!!

Excellent looking ribs. Have been thinking of purchasing some of the KJ rubs especially the peach. How did you like flavor of the peach rub? Thanks for sharing.

Looks great, love the color. Did you use any wood? Looks kinda like what I get with cherry.

Excellent looking ribs. Have been thinking of purchasing some of the KJ rubs especially the peach. How did you like flavor of the peach rub? Thanks for sharing.
Thanks! Really love the peach rub on pork... GOOD STUFF!! :)

Looks great, love the color. Did you use any wood? Looks kinda like what I get with cherry.
Thanks! Yes, I did use wood. I used 1 split of oak. Love cherry wood, but prefer the heavier smoke taste of oak that I get when doing ribs...

Unbelievable!

KJ stands for???

Kamado Joe

www.kamadojoe.com

You can actually find their rubs through this website... they don't have the KJ label, but they are the same thing... trust me ;-)

http://www.runninwildfoods.com/

Both Kamado Joe and Runnin Wild Foods have some of the best customer service I have ever experienced!! And no, I don't work for either... just sharing my experiences.

Back