8 hour ribs??

G

ganso

Watching a little food network and watched the Texas Road House bbq ribs and how they make them. They started out with a rub then a SECRET ingredient, looked like liquid smoke, then they put the ribs in a roasting pan and foiled tight. Then they cooked them a 300 degrees for 8 hours then put them on the grill and sauced. Is this possible, would they even stay together after that long. Just thought it would not work, they looked good though. Pat

I guess they like to eat ribs with a straw. Perfectly done...amazing chit!

I'll say most ribs I've had at anything less than a true BBQ venue were mush and melted off the bone, didn't even fall off.

I can not see how ribs would survive an 8 hour cook being foiled from the start. I have baked ribs at 250* for three hours and they were way fall off the bone ribs. IMO Personally after 2 hours in foil at that temp they should ready for the grill and sauce. Maybe the secret to their ribs is the directions are bogus!

Watching a little food network and watched the Texas Road House bbq ribs and how they make them. They started out with a rub then a SECRET ingredient, looked like liquid smoke, then they put the ribs in a roasting pan and foiled tight. Then they cooked them a 300 degrees for 8 hours then put them on the grill and sauced. Is this possible, would they even stay together after that long. Just thought it would not work, they looked good though. Pat

I saw that too tonight. It was the show "Unwrapped" and it was about BBQ.

Yep, they rubbed the ribs, put them in a big roasting pan on a rack with some water and "secret" ingredient below and in the oven at 300 degrees for 8 hours! Then they throw em on the grill for a few minutes and sauce 'em up. They were literally falling apart mush, and the Texas Roadhouse guy acted like they were the best ribs on earth.

It's been a couple of years since I've had their ribs but since I don't recall eating rib soup so I can't imagine this is accurate. A Google search yielded a Texas Roadhouse recipe calling for 5 hours @ 250. It also mentions dipping the rack in bacon grease after smoking. Interesting...

Back