Competitors Input Needed

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to gauge interest and I need it fairly quickly, so your input is very much appreciated.

How interested would you be in participating in an event that:

1) Was a true BBQ contest (standard categories)
2) Was a State Championship and a qualifier
3) Had NO cash prizes and instead had Gift Certificates for particular stores and trophies

and 4, which is the biggee

4) was free to enter.

There would be NO entry fee at all.

That's the general gist. There may be something like a $50 or $75 registering fee that is given back to you when you arrive to ensure that there aren't hundreds of people sign up and then don't show.

Any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Eric

Sounds kind of like Poorque - Princeton WI except I think that the prizes are better...

Not to beat a dead horse, but I think it's a great way to entice a group that may not have been willing to shell out the cash for their first comp. I like it... Gives me a chance to help others like I was helped a couple of years ago...

It depends on what store. If it is a local store and I am coming from three or four hours away, then that wouldn't interest me. If it was within an hour or so drive then i wouldn't care. National chains would appeal to anyone regardless of distance (assuming it's more than a $25 gift card :-D)

Close bye, yes, I'd be interested. Sounds like fun. Hey, throw in the ability for teams
to actually sell BBQ, and we definitely have a winner!!!

lets say its Kinda like having a contest in the smithaven mall parking lot and prizes are gift cards to the stores in the mall.

cool trophies??? yes I would do it!!! As long as it wasnt really far a couple of hours would probably be o.k.

Sal

To clarify, it's not the Smithhaven Mall, but that's a great analogy.

Also, there is nothing currently set. Just some possibilities we are looking into.

Eric

If I can do Williepallooza, I can do this thing.:boxing:

Kidding aside, sounds interesting.

To clarify, it's not the Smithhaven Mall, but that's a great analogy.

Also, there is nothing currently set. Just some possibilities we are looking into.

Eric

I'm partial to Roosevelt Field mall.

Would be interested, but depends where it was located (i.e., how easy it is for me to get to).

Good Idea however it would ultimately depend on the distance. Keep us posted.

Hi,

1) Was a true BBQ contest (standard categories)
2) Was a State Championship and a qualifier
3) Had NO cash prizes and instead had Gift Certificates for particular stores and trophies
4) was free to enter.

Eric

Based on that, the event would be sanctioned right?

Depending on the worth of the gift certificates (value to me) would determine my interest. If HD, Lowes, Dicks Sporting Goods, Best Buy, Sears etc is going to provide a good size payout to top finishers overall and top 10 per category I could be interested. If the gift card payout was worth a small amount it would have to be in my backyard to consider it.

I wouldn't be interested in a gift certificate to Spencer's Gifts, Orange Julius, GAP, Banana Republic, Musicland, Glamor Shots, Build a Bear, - whether it's worth $5 or $1500.

Back