MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 06-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #1
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)
Default Cooking with the Master: Episode VI: Porterhouse Steak

What follows is the transcript of “Cooking with the Master: Porterhouse Steak, Episode VI"

Narrator: Ninja Squirrel Productions Presents, "Cooking with the Master"

I (Gore): Ladies, Gentlemen, Good evening, and welcome to "Cooking with the Master," a show about cooking. The Master is spending this Father’s Day with his children and has asked me to fill in. For this special occasion, I will demonstrate how to make a meal that Father wants, a meal that is special to Dad, a thick Porterhouse steak with baked potato. There is nothing more that Dad wants on his special day and we will show you how to make this meal extra special. We begin with a thick Porterhouse.

Producer: Excuse me Gore, but we’ve sampled some of the Throwdown participants and it seems that they would much rather have eggplant.

I (Gore): I cannot believe such surveys. Everyone knows that a Porterhouse steak is the ultimate Father’s Day meal.

Producer: Well, we talked with Bigabyte, Guerry, and Landarc and they seemed to think that Porterhouses are passé, too much of a cliché, and way too much fat for the Dad of today, living a healthy lifestyle. Also, Ninja Squirrel’s positive ratings are still five points above yours, so you know what that means.

I (Gore): Noooooo!

Producer: Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present this week’s episode of “Cooking with the Master,” starring Ninja Squirrel!

[Wild cheers and applause from audience]

Ninja Squirrel: Squeak, squeak, squeak….

Narrator translates: I’m terribly sorry for the confusion, but welcome to "Cooking with the Master," a show about cooking. For this special occasion, we want to make Dad what he truly wants, eggplant!

[Cheers from the audience]

Producer [aside to Ninja Squirrel]: Our surveys are showing a sausage approval rating at 78%.

Narrator translates: Not just any eggplant, mind you, but eggplant sausage.

[Groans from audience]

Producer [aside to Ninja Squirrel]: Our surveys are indicating very low approval ratings for vegetarian sausage.

Ninja Squirrel: ….Squeak, squeak, squeak….

Narrator translates: …Sausage eggplant that is stuffed with chicken and cheese!

[Cheers from audience]

Narrator translates: The eggplant is sliced open, salted and rinsed, and then stuffed with roasted chicken and sharp cheddar cheese.

I (Gore): But what are you going to use for a sausage casing?

Narrator translates: Sausage casings are traditionally made from intestinal linings. In our case, we use pork belly, that is, a bacon weave!

Producer: Brilliant! Bacon weaves have an 87% rating!

Narrator translates: We cap the eggplant. Wrap it in the bacon weave and then smoke it for a couple hours.

I (Gore): But Ninja Squirrel, we were making a special Father’s Day meal to enter in the “with a bone” Throwdown. This is a disaster! We’ll be disqualified! We’ll be a laughingstock!

Ninja Squirrel: SQUEAK, SQUEAK, SQUEAK!!!!!!!!!

Narrator translates: SHOVE A BONE IN IT GORE!!!!!!!

[Gore takes the pieces of chicken that weren't used in the stuffing and melds them into Ninja Squirrel's creation]

Narrator translates: Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the Eggclucken:

[As the credits roll by and the audience applauds]

Producer: Brilliant, the ratings are again through the roof!

Narrator: This episode of “Cooking with the Master” was brought to you by the BBQ Brethren Throwdown sub-forum found at the top of Q-talk or at
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86
Please join us every week to enter and/or vote for your favorite entry. There are lots of great dishes this and every week and you can read about them all in the entry threads!

I (Gore): That’s a wrap!
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 10:58 PM   #2
caliking
is One Chatty Farker

Now that's really innovative!

A throwdown category should be created for this entry, so that the eggclucken can be deemed the winner! BTW, what was the temp on that eggclucken when it was pulled off the heat?
[FONT=Arial Narrow][B]EZ wood handled 3 wheeler | OTS | OTS mod to OTG | [COLOR=red]Ladybug[/COLOR] SS Performer | UglyDrumTandoor | UDS v1 | midi UDS with [COLOR=red]red[/COLOR] [COLOR=black]nipples[/COLOR] | SJG smoker mod | Simpsons SJS | [COLOR=black]Simpsons[/COLOR] OTG | WGA charcoal | SJP | Stacked brick WFO | Lodge Logic Sportsman's Grill cast iron hibachi/sigri | [COLOR=green]LBGE | sbge | [SIZE="1"]mini bge[/SIZE] [/COLOR] [/B][/FONT]
caliking is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
bigabyte
somebody shut me the fark up.

Not just any Eggclucken, but Eggclucken with cheese inside! Whodathunkit?
Certified MOINK Baller & IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball Judge #0003 - Are you MOINK Certified?
Sole recipient of the Silverfinger and fingerlickin Awards!

Don't forget about the Throwdown Thingies!
The Secret Squirrel Society doesn't exist - Zero Club

Duh.
bigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 11:13 PM   #4
mmmmeat
is One Chatty Farker

not me... i hate eggplant (bad childhood experience) but i'd hit that!!!
[/URL] [URL="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.490010637758.259874.578407758&l=06aa73c27f"]GROGG[/URL]
[URL="fromthemouthofkstewart.blogspot.com"]MY BLOG[/URL]

[URL="http://www.facebook.com/mmmgto"]Facebookin it![/URL]
Avatar created by i really wish i remember, but they got skillZ
mmmmeat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 11:17 PM   #5
High Q
is one Smokin' Farker

Well.......now we know what the racoon did for Father's Day?! Beautiful job to (i)Gore, the squirrel and the master. Well done.
"Houston is a wretched little town composed of about twenty shops, and a hundred huts, dispersed here and there, among trunks of felled trees. It is infested with methodists and ants." -Emmanuel Domenech, Catholic Missionary, 1848
High Q is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
Alan in Ga
is One Chatty Farker

Got my attention with that one ... Great job
[SIZE=3]Golden Goose Egg(4 Times Certified)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]Stumps 223 ,2 UDS,NB Hondo[/SIZE]
Alan in Ga is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-20-2010, 11:22 PM   #7
BigButzBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

Not really sure what to say about that. I know I really want to taste that one for a full measure. Haven't gotten to eat much eggplant. Very interesting application though.

12" Charbroil, SJS, WGA:becky:, 22.5 OTG:thumb:, mUDS:drama:, 2 UDS:cool: w/AML Wood Art Custom Handles, 2 pull behind rigs The Beast :twisted:, & the new White Shadow :hail: :twisted:

Inventor of[B]:[/B][COLOR=black] [URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1273411&postcount=1"][B]3BGB![/B][/URL][B] , [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1284334&postcount=1"][B]Shigen![/B][/URL][B] , & [/B][URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1387858&postcount=1"][B]Bacone Scotch Egg Sundae![/B][/URL][/COLOR]
:hail:Avatar by Zydecopaws:hail:
[B][URL="http://BigButzBBQSauce.net"]Big Butz BBQ Products [/URL][/B]
BigButzBBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 12:04 AM   #8
SmokeJumper
is One Chatty Farker

After seeing the money shot and coming back here to read your post I feel strange...different...some..how...
like... i was abducted by aliens and had my brain and heart replaced by an eggplant.
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 07:44 AM   #9
Smokey Al Gold
is Blowin Smoke!

Just the thought of eggplant makes me shudder but I would totally eat that! Great job as always!

Creator of:
"The Great Chicken Sammich Debacle of 2010"
Smokey Al Gold is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 10:38 AM   #10
Phubar
somebody shut me the fark up.

Thank you,thank you,thank you!!!!
I enjoyed this episode very much!
The big twist in the beginning had me on the edge of my seat!
You guys rock!!!
Can't wait till the next episode!

-Phoeb-

All fueled by [COLOR=lime]Ecobrasa[/COLOR] Coco Briquettes

*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2011 - 2012*
*[URL="http://lowlandsmokers.blogspot.com/2011/06/lowland-smokers-workshop-hei-en-boeicop.html"]Lowland Smokers[/URL] Dutch BBQ Champion 2013 Low 'n Slow
*WGA Ambassador
Phubar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 11:13 AM   #11
swibirun
is one Smokin' Farker

Funniest thing I've read all day.
swibirun is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 12:23 PM   #12
Ron_L

Name/Nickname : Captain Ron

I was expecting steak.

Naked Fatties Rock!

PKGo X 2/PK360/
Ron_L is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 12:36 PM   #13
CBQ
is Blowin Smoke!

LoL. Great job Gore
KCBS, KCBS CBJ, NEBS
CBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-21-2010, 03:42 PM   #14
BlkJeep
is One Chatty Farker

Great!! I really needed a laugh today! (work is rough) Thanks a million.. BTW I'd give it a whirl, but I was thinking Ninja Squirrel needs a female side kick wearing foil?

Old 06-21-2010, 03:48 PM   #15
Gore
Phizzy

Location: Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis and scrap iron chefs trying to harvest body parts
Name/Nickname : Gore (surprise!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by caliking View Post
A throwdown category should be created for this entry, so that the eggclucken can be deemed the winner!
There already is one: it's called the Zero's Club!

As for the temp, I didn't stick it. The chicken was already cooked and the eggplant would cook faster than the bacon, so I just smoked it until the bacon was done. In all honesty, I expected it might hit the trash after taking a bite. It was shockingly good, I expect because the eggplant soaked up a lot of bacon ... juice. Chicken and melted cheese didn't harm it any. I gladly took it for lunch (along with some leftover Father's Day Argentinian-style Porterhouse, mmmmm).

Thanks for all the positive comments on the shows.
(='.'=) This is the rabbit baby. Invests him in yours signature,
(")_(") and the help rabbit baby takes over control of the world!
Hmmmm, I wonder, WWGALD? Avatar courtesy of Grillman and NorthwestBBQ

Promoted by Bigabyte to "Idiot #1" , and dubbed "Phizzy" by Sir Ron.
Gore is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Chicken or Eggplant?, Cooking with the Master, What came first?