NBBQA Conference in Memphis Feb 2-6

B

bbqpitstop

DivaQ (Danielle) is covering all the bbq places that we don't have listed on our bus trip for the conference, but I'll be headed in a couple of days early and I'm taking a vote on whether to eat at the Majestic or McKewens on Monroe, (I think that's the name). Both menus look awesome !

Also it has been brought to my attention that should it end up being a blizzard or bad weather while we're there that some of our outside vendors may appreciate some extra protection from the elements. Anyone have a 10x20 tent to lend for a couple of days just in case ? A few of our educators are trekking pits in all the way from California and we thought it might be easier to borrow a tent for the day of the outdoor class rather than have them lug it on the trip in.

We're headed to Tunica one night, and of course to Beale ST., anyone on here want to join up with some of us for the Monday night early bird dinner ? Anyone else here going ? Anywhere else I should not miss ?

Blizzard?..dont say that! im hoping to get at least a few degrees reprieve from winter in Chi-town!
Id love to join ya on Monday but most likely wont be there until middle of the night on Tuesday

Mike,

Thanks so much for the offer....looking at your setup online, maybe I"ll have you bring the whole deal including the latticework....pretty darn nice !

Can you pm me with some contact info so I can put you in my cellphone and we'll just wait til we get closer to the conference days to see how the weather holds ?

We're pretty sure most outside exhibitors know to bring their own tents but we want to be prepared for anyone that's lacking just in case.

Are you coming to the conference for any of the days ?

Billm.....I so hear you. I think you got it worse than we did in Buffalo this year but I'm still packing the turtlenecks and lined LLBean jeans. I know from experience that we'll spend a lot of time outside hanging out around the smokers and shooting the bull. Keep me posted what time you're coming in Tuesday and I'll let you know if there's any plans for late night shenanigans.

Mike,

Thanks so much for the offer....looking at your setup online, maybe I"ll have you bring the whole deal including the latticework....pretty darn nice !

Can you pm me with some contact info so I can put you in my cellphone and we'll just wait til we get closer to the conference days to see how the weather holds ?

We're pretty sure most outside exhibitors know to bring their own tents but we want to be prepared for anyone that's lacking just in case.

Are you coming to the conference for any of the days ?

Billm.....I so hear you. I think you got it worse than we did in Buffalo this year but I'm still packing the turtlenecks and lined LLBean jeans. I know from experience that we'll spend a lot of time outside hanging out around the smokers and shooting the bull. Keep me posted what time you're coming in Tuesday and I'll let you know if there's any plans for late night shenanigans.
did I ever end up meeting you this past week? to tell you the truth i met so many people T the convention I dont recalll

don't know how I missed this thread addition Bill....lol...not sure if we met or not......I hope we did ...always looking for a chicago connection, I'm crazy about the place...

Back