MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:41 AM   #1
Roby
On the road to being a farker

Default Moink's!

Ok brethren, I want to hear your guy's favortie Moink recipes. I don't know why but I have yet to make some of these scrumptious looking guy's.

Thanks,

Roby

Old 10-17-2011, 11:44 AM   #2
KnucklHed BBQ
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Head KnucklHed

I think Larry would tell you 2 things, Simpler is better and it is always-always-ALWAYS spelled in all caps - MOINKS!

Now go gitcherself some meatballs & bacon!

BTW... I once lived in Sedro... don't remember much of it, I was pretty young
[B]1967' Int'l Harvester M1100 Food Truck, 220ci 6cyl - 5' ABS Judge - Plethora of Weber Kettles - 2 WSM 22.5's – Bunch of Thermapen Mk's - 36” BlackStone - 3 Bayou Classic Fryers - Ice Cold Kegerator[/B]

[B][I]“We shall throw our bacon wrapped all beef justice upon the wooden skewers of truth to be held on high and let them know that we will not stand for this.” ~Butz[/I][/B]
KnucklHed BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #3
1FUNVET
Babbling Farker

Triple B recipe
Bacon
Beef meatballs
Beer for the cook
KISS
1FUNVET is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-17-2011, 01:54 PM   #4
J_Don
is One Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1FUNVET View Post
Triple B recipe
Bacon
Beef meatballs
Beer for the cook
KISS
Maybe add your Favorite Rub and/or Favorite Sauce. Mix & Match. Whatever you feel like.
Kenmore Elite Gasser w/ Rotisserie
Cajun Cooker (3)
UDS In Progress
[COLOR=#0000ff]BLUESMAN[/COLOR] Splashproof [COLOR=#0000ff]BLUE [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen :bow:[/COLOR]
H D FXSTD
J_Don is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2011, 02:50 PM   #5
Bigdog
somebody shut me the fark up.

Please check the KC's Roadmap thread in Q-talk. It is a short cut or index for a lot of our best stuff. http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/sh...INK#post777788

See post #62
Pitman for Andy Groneman at the All Things BBQ cooking classes.
Smoke on Brother KC
Father of the Fatty (the name) 4/20/04 on the BBQ Brethren with inspiration from Brother parrothead.
Bigdog is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 10-17-2011, 04:20 PM   #6
mnmikew

Ok, I'm new here. What the heck is a MOINK? I just figgured out what a fatty was.
mnmikew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-17-2011, 05:42 PM   #7
Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnucklHed BBQ View Post
BTW... I once lived in Sedro... don't remember much of it, I was pretty young
That's awesome I gotta say I really love it here. It's my kinda weather, not much heat, lots of rain and a little bit of snow.

Thanks for the replies guy's. These are on the list for my next smoke for sure

Old 10-17-2011, 05:44 PM   #8
Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by mnmikew View Post
Ok, I'm new here. What the heck is a MOINK? I just figgured out what a fatty was.
It's a meatball seasoned with your favorite rub or all by it self wrapped up in a peice of bacon and smoked.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:04 PM   #9
smokey and the brisket
Got Wood.

I just made them for the first time on Saturday. I made my own beef and pork meatballs and used Oakridge beef and pork rub. They turned out great! The family really enjoyed them and i will make them again for sure!

Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 PM   #10
mnmikew

how long to you smoke them for?
mnmikew is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 04:50 PM   #11
chambersuac
somebody shut me the fark up.

Since Larry (the creator of MOINK balls) is not posting these days, and since and am still the Sgt. at Arms for the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society, let me just say this:

1. Please use all caps - MOINK balls, not moink balls, out of respect for their yumminess.
2. The original recipe calls for the use of frozen beef meatballs, bacon, rub cooked over real smoke (not in an oven)
3. A glaze is recommended, but optional. Use your imagination. My personal favorite is 1/2 apple jelly, 1/2 jalapeno jelly, heated and thinned to liking with apple juice.
4. ALWAYS...and I mean ALWAYS, make more than you think your guests will eat.

Smoking is better than grilling, IMO, but both options work. Since frozen meatballs are precooked, smoke/grill until the bacon is as crisp as YOU like. I usually do some with very crisp bacon, some not so crisp, so people have a choice.

Enjoy your venture into the world of MOINK goodness!

:)

IMBAS Certified MOINK Ball maker and IMBAS Sgt. At Arms.

And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified. [Acts 20:32 KJV]
chambersuac is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 05:25 PM   #12
DirtyDirty00
is one Smokin' Farker

I've only made regular MOINKS with an Italian seasoned meatballs wrapped in bacon with rub. I should try a sweet yummy glaze one time

Wishlist:
22.5" WSM
DirtyDirty00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #13
Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by chambersuac View Post
Since Larry (the creator of MOINK balls) is not posting these days, and since and am still the Sgt. at Arms for the International MOINK Ball Appreciation Society, let me just say this:

1. Please use all caps - MOINK balls, not moink balls, out of respect for their yumminess.
2. The original recipe calls for the use of frozen beef meatballs, bacon, rub cooked over real smoke (not in an oven)
3. A glaze is recommended, but optional. Use your imagination. My personal favorite is 1/2 apple jelly, 1/2 jalapeno jelly, heated and thinned to liking with apple juice.
4. ALWAYS...and I mean ALWAYS, make more than you think your guests will eat.

Smoking is better than grilling, IMO, but both options work. Since frozen meatballs are precooked, smoke/grill until the bacon is as crisp as YOU like. I usually do some with very crisp bacon, some not so crisp, so people have a choice.

Enjoy your venture into the world of MOINK goodness!

:)
I honestly meant to spell in all caps for the title Thanks for the reply, I'm pretty sure these little guys are getting smoked this weekend so if I remember I will throw on some PrOn

Old 10-19-2011, 08:24 PM   #14
Smoked
Full Fledged Farker

Are turkey meatballs allowed or is that just crazy talk? The Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs are great...awesome flavor.

Old 10-19-2011, 09:02 PM   #15
Hoss
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoked View Post
Are turkey meatballs allowed or is that just crazy talk? The Trader Joe's frozen turkey meatballs are great...awesome flavor.

Not sure but I think that would make em Gobbleoinks. It is my understanding that the name MOINK was derived from MOO(beef meatballz) and OINK(pork bacon). ???
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote