Brisket and Pork for 70 Adults

Just Pulin' Pork

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Looking for some reassurance that my numbers look right. I have an opportunity to cook brisket and pork for 70 adults. I am using this handy tool found here:

http://www.freewebs.com/susquehannabluesmoke/Catering/BBQ Calculator.xls

According to this its apx 13lbs of brisket and apx 14 lbs of pork. For those not using this tool am I in the ball park? TIA

Jon

That's about 3oz of each meat per person? Seems kind of small. Guess it depends on sides, etc. Of course I always over estimate on portions.

You will need more like 17.5 lbs. of cooked meat (both briskie and PP)
This will give you 1/4 lb. servings of each meat. YMMV!

You will need more like 17.5 lbs. of cooked meat (both briskie and PP)
This will give you 1/4 lb. servings of each meat. YMMV!

I am in agreement. :roll:

If your gonna be short on sides, go with 1/3 lb per person to play it safe.

1/3 lb PP = 46.5 lbs of uncooked meat each. :biggrin:

So whats the logic of figuring cooked vs non cooked weights? Is there a formula you use based on the number of people you are cooking for?

Pork has 50% shrinkage. (standard)

70 people at 1/4 lb servings = 17.5 lbs of cooked meat x 2 (shrinkage) = 35 lbs of raw product. :biggrin:

I'm feeding 75 this weekend. Bought 5 butts and a 12 lb brisket. Hope those numbers help. (the butts are around 8lbs). There's nothing wrong with a little extra

I'm feeding 75 this weekend. Bought 5 butts and a 12 lb brisket. Hope those numbers help. (the butts are around 8lbs). There's nothing wrong with a little extra

Butts are good but no way you'll get 75 slices outta 1 brisky!! :shock:

Butts are good but no way you'll get 75 slices outta 1 brisky!! :shock:

That's what the pork butt is for! I'm throwing in a brisket for a little variety. Just trying to give a feel for the amount of raw meat I buy for that many people.

Back