• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Alcohol bans at contests

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
Will the reps now be instructed to enforce this when an alcohol ban is in place and disqualify teams who violate the rule? Will the teams be reported to the bod for disciplinary action? It's in place but not enforced at SAMs contests and others.

What's the bod's position on this?

Will the reps now be instructed to enforce this when an alcohol ban is in place and disqualify teams who violate the rule? Will the teams be reported to the bod for disciplinary action? It's in place but not enforced at SAMs contests and others.

What's the bod's position on this?

At our Sam's Club Comp cooks' meeting we were explicitly warned that alcohol was prohibited and that it would be an issue if it was seen . . . and then immediatley told by the same person that we would "find red solo cups in our cooks packet [wink, wink] . . . and I'm suuuure that you know what to do with them. [wink,wink again]"

How could the BOD with any conscience (I'll give them benefit of the doubt) do something when their on-site representatives are giving guidance like that, and Sam's Club is providing the red solo cups?

And since it is not a KCBS rule, but rather an organizer or property owner rule, does KCBS even have jurisdiction over the enforcement of it?

And you don't even want to know what else came up at that cooks' meeting. Apparently, KCBS reps in the northeast handle things very differently than the rest of the country, or so we were told.

Regional Differences per KCBS Reps

timzcardz said: And you don't even want to know what else came up at that cooks' meeting. Apparently, KCBS reps in the northeast handle things very differently than the rest of the country, or so we were told.
timzcardz: I, for one, am definitely interested in regional differences. Can you please tell us what the Northeast regional differences are? I am sure that a lot of us are extremely curious about the differences across the country.

For the record Troy is employed by SAMs and is not a representative of the kcbs.

Actually, I believe that Troy is a contractor for MMA Marketing and is on the MMA Marketing Sam's club team and has no affilition with KCBS or Sam's other than this.

It's most likely going to be same situation as tailgates that I go to. If you are not causing any problems and have a red cup you're fine. If you start acting like a jack-farker, well, they might decide to check your cup and enforce.

This is all about Walmart liability. The same reason judges can't take food home. They don't want to get sued because somebody got drunk and blew something up on their property. Corporate america at its best.

So it's in a parking lot of a store that sells beer but you can't drink it. Sometimes i don't understand the logic fully and that might be my downfall. Has this rule ever been enforced
I also understand that its family oriented, but don't families drink beer?

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like free choice and liberty are slowly becoming extinct huh?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Just the opposite - It's Sam's/Walmart's choice - and remember, corporations are people, my friend.

So it's in a parking lot of a store that sells beer but you can't drink it. Sometimes i don't understand the logic fully and that might be my downfall. Has this rule ever been enforced
In Virginia Sam's has an offsale only liquor license so if people are seen drinking on the property it's a violation and could lead to the loss of their license.

I believe this is likely not the choice of the store. This is typically a liquor law issue.

It is a matter of license, on site can buy and drink on site but can't take it off, off site can buy it and take it off site but cannot drink it on site. If not enforced, the loss of the license is a definate and the money that goes with it, not to mention the fines.

Back