• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

All my ex's live in Texas ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gannimal007

... that's why I hang my hat in Tennessee.

That's right. I'm a 36 year old married Texan whose Tennessean wife drug him 986 miles East of DFW to live in the foothills of The Great Smoky Mountains. However, even though I am far from home, it has it's advantages ... I can usually guilt the better half into letting me buy whatever toys I want. :-D I mean, after all, I gave up SO MUCH to be closer to her family ...

Anyways, I have always been a good cook. I've won a chili cookoff (only one I ever entered) and have made briskets and butts in the oven that were well received. SO, I decided to try my hand at smoking. First time out of the gate, I dusted off that cheap R2D2 looking thing that I bought and put together 5 years but never used. To make a long story short, after a long frustrating weekend and 6 extra hours in the oven to finish off the boston butt, I researched the brinkman mods. After making them, and trying it again, I had better success but was still frustrated trying to keep the temperature steady.

Today (3/5/10), I purchased a UDS from CL. Can't wait to get the thing rolling tommorow w/ some BB ribs and spares. After that I'm gonna throw on a half butt.

Anyways - I wanted to introduce myself and let everyone know I'm here. There are great threads and hopefully I can contribute and learn. THANKS!

Glad to meet you, brother!

Read and post often!

Arlin

Sweet Eileen in Abilene........(thanks, now I can't get that song outta my head!) :)

Gotta love the power of guilt trips...LOL You will love the Drum. Pics are not required here, but we'd love to see some if you have em.

Bienvenidos!

Thanks!

I appreciate the warm welcome (and the simon and garfunkel reference from westexbbq).

I'm going to fire up my UDS in about an hour and cook some BB ribs and some spares. I figured that I would start with something that's forgiving.

I'll take some pics of the process and see if I can update my avatar and stuff ... Thanks again!!

Welcome aboard gannimal007!

i have family in west TN (Jackson) and they like to vacation in the Smoky Mtns. Have only been there once myself but it's really beautiful.

Only have one ex but she's still in Texas (luckily it's a big state).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back