I'm officially adopted

ZILLA

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I am now a member of the Crapshoot BBQ cooking team out of Houston, Texas. I never gave any thought at all about comp cooking as I have a backyard cooker. The Crapshoot team has been Craig "Texana" Sharry the owner of Texas Pepper Jelly and his Partner Doug Dennin "BBQ Doug". Well Doug is retiring to the Phillipines next year. I mentioned to Texana that I'd love to be part of the team after Doug retires and he basically said "Great, lets start at the humble Rodeo BBQ in two weeks". :shock: :-D So here I go. I'm really looking forward to it. :-D

Oh no, another one goes over to the dark side.:wink: Best of luck to you.

WE sucked another one in. Good luck at the comp and have fun!!

ZILLA congratulations I think :?: I wounder what Don Marco is doing that weekend :confused:

Congrats Zilla. Are they in at HSLR as well? I might be making that trip later this month to wash dishes for a friend of a friend.

Thanks all, I think it will be a blast.

Dustaway, we'll see ya there friday night.

Jorge, Crapshoot won't be at the HLSR, but I plan to go lend a hand behind the scenes with the Texas BBQ Rub crew at some point. Probably Saturday but I'll let you know what day I'm going. We can wander the grounds with some cold beer and keep all the cowgirls safe from harm. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Go get 'em Zilla. One question though, if you're cooking with Texana who's going to handle the chicken? :wink:

Now dat funny
:lol:

Kirk said:
Go get 'em Zilla. One question though, if you're cooking with Texana who's going to handle the chicken? :wink:

Zilla you won't be able to miss me I'll have my BBQ Brethren Shirt on :lol:

We decided to just tie a string around his finger to help him remember that there IS chicken to cook. He's pretty good cooking yard bird when he remembers to put it on the pit. :rolleyes:

I'll be eye ballin fer ya Dustaway.

You have all of the knowledge and experiance that you need. I am really surprised that you haven't gone pro before now!!

Best of luck Bro and remember, you are cooking for all of the judges and not for what you or your family thinks is great. Find that sweet spot and you are in!!

Congrats!!

Spice

Back