I recived a call

MattG

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So I got a call from a festival promoter about BBQ vending at their one day event. She stated that she saw us at another festival and was impressed with our clean and fast service. So i ask where is the event and its about 1.5 hrs one way from our house. Next I ask how many people that they expect to attend and she says about 1500. Now the magic question!!! I ask how many food venders are you signing up? And she said and I quote "We have 18 food venders signed up right now. BUT there is only one other BBQ vender." :shocked: :tsk: :tsk: :shocked: Really are you kidding me, 18 food venders and you want me to be 19? So I politely shared with her it would not be worth our time to come to your event. There are WAY WAY WAY WAY to many other venders. Thanks for the invite but no thanks. :loco::loco::loco:

Just think if you were the 1st one she contacted, and then showed up to see the other 18. :shocked: Man, I would be really peeved then... Cheers!!!

I shared the food court with 15 other vendors last Memorial Day. There were four BBQ vendors. BUT there were 10,000 people in attendance. We did very well, but I'd still rather have 8 BBQ vendors and 10,000 people.

Back