I want this really, really bad...

Love my Lang, best Que I have cooked has come off it. I passed on the hybrid though since I already had multiple BGEs. If you buy a Lang though, I'll give you the MOST important piece of advice... Get one size bigger than the one you want! Many people told me this and I didn't listen...big mistake. I grew out of mine in about 2 weeks!

Also, I would pass on the warming cabinet and spend that money towards a larger cooking chamber.

You are right. I can actually get a 60 original for the price of this one... But it's so damn sexy though! I did read something about there being a 60 hybrid in the works. I'm going to pull the trigger in December or January so I have some time to weigh my options. Good points, thanks!

But it's so damn sexy though!

I do agree! However, I've actually used the warming box once, and never really cooked in it. I will say this, it actually gets in the way a little. A good method is to place your log splits on top of the firebox and warm them up a bit before placing them on the fire. That way they catch and burn clean very quickly. The warming box somewhat hampers the size of splits you can put on top of the firebox.

I have a 36 Lang and absolutely LOVE IT. We had a very nasty storm last week and it tore the tarp I cover mine with. The thought crossed my mine more than once (honestly more than a dozen times) to go out and at least move it around to get as much coverage as I could. The wind was blowing so hard it moved my gasser more than 4 feet on LOCKED casters. Needless to say, I was a bit worried about my own saftey if I had gone out there it was so bad.

Ok, back to the important stuff. You obviously have great taste in smokers, so that doesn't need to be mentioned. I have to continue what has been previously mentioned. Go a size up from what you think you need now. I seriously flirted with the 48 when I bought my 36, but thought the 36 would be more than enough for me. Most days it is, but there's always thoughs day you want to out cook the state (and you'll have those days when you get yours).

Warmer box ... I don't know ... I don't have one, but I can't imagine I would use it too often if I did.

Tony, I'll show my ignorance, what makes it a "hybrid deluxe"?

Lang Deluxe models have the warming box above the firebox.

Hybrid models have a grill in a separate chamber right next to the main smoking chamber so you can have a hot fire grill and smoker together.

Put both those features together, and you have a Hybrid Deluxe :grin:

Another question about hybrids... can the grilling area also be used as a smoking area when needed? Or is it separated off from the smoking chamber permanently?

Well that's just damn cool, with features and options like that it's no wonder they have a great reputation and loyal following. Thanks
Lang Deluxe models have the warming box above the firebox.

Hybrid models have a grill in a separate chamber right next to the main smoking chamber so you can have a hot fire grill and smoker together.

Put both those features together, and you have a Hybrid Deluxe :grin:

Another question about hybrids... can the grilling area also be used as a smoking area when needed? Or is it separated off from the smoking chamber permanently?

The grilling chamber is separated from the smoking chamber; however, you can do indirect cooking in the griller. There is a lot of space in there. I think I even saw Corey from Fatbacks BBQ on the last BBQ Pitmasters put ribs on indirect in the griller. I could be wrong but it sure looked like it.

I think I even saw Corey from Fatbacks BBQ on the last BBQ Pitmasters put ribs on indirect in the griller. I could be wrong but it sure looked like it.

I saw that too. Can't remember if it was ribs or brisket, but he definitely put on of the meats on the griller.

I was eying that exact model for months, but I took the advice of many and "went one size bigger." Ended up pulling the trigger on the longneck 60 deluxe with chargrill. Love it!

I was eying that exact model for months, but I took the advice of many and "went one size bigger." Ended up pulling the trigger on the longneck 60 deluxe with chargrill. Love it!

You got any pics of that longneck doing its thang? I'd love to see some pics of it loaded if you have some to share. :grin:

Got a 48 original a couple months ago - couldn't be happier - thing is built like a tank - temp control is a breeze - almost feel like I'm cheating.

That thing is impressive! I too am in the market for a Lang and may pull the trigger on one this week. That said, my current cooker (POS-COS) is 20x30 and I've only filled it once. I think I'll be buying a Lang 36 as anything larger would be more than Id use.

If you are eying that, get a 60.

You guys keep saying go higher than the one I want and I have been looking at the 60 which would totally give me what I want and need. I just have to save a little longer because i want a char-grill on it too. I haven't decided yet, but I am definitely listening you all's advice. :-D

Recently a unit at the military base I work at came in pulling a Lang 60. It's the first time I ever saw one, and I want one even more now.

This is just me but, a 60 is 2x the size of the cooker I have now that Ive only filled once in 5yrs. Honestly, I can't fit enough people in my house to justify more cooker size-wise than I have now. The 36 will be fine for me. A ~17% increase in useable cooking surface will be more than adequate for my purposes.

Back