Brisket Chili...Play By Play...

JD McGee

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I needed a little something for game 4 of the World Series...my wife and I came up with this recipe...

Start with a pound of cubed (leftover) brisket...

IMG_5990.jpg

Add chopped onion and garlic (3 cloves)...

IMG_5994.jpg

Add some diced celery and a yellow bell pepper...

IMG_5997.jpg

Add a little spice and some heat...

IMG_6003.jpg

IMG_6005.jpg

Don't forget the usuals...

IMG_5992.jpg

And the "special" ingredient...

IMG_5991.jpg

IMG_6007.jpg

Viola...an hour or so later...World Series Brisket Chili! :p

IMG_6010.jpg

Wash it down with a few more of the "secret" ingredient and sop it up with a nice crispy loaf of Pugliese bread...:p Life is Good! :biggrin:

Although that looks great and probably tasted wonderful, you lost me at celery but the beans finished me off. :mrgreen:

(You can take the Texan out of Texas, but you can't put the beans in the chili.)

Although that looks great and probably tasted wonderful, you lost me at celery but the beans finished me off. :mrgreen:

(You can take the Texan out of Texas, but you can't put the beans in the chili.)

:lol::lol::lol:...It ain't CASI...but it was KILLER! :biggrin:

Will be making some of the same in next 2 days JD.

Cooked 2 flats, sent one home with my son yesterday afternoon, had a little sandwich out of mine, going to make brisket chili probably tomorrow.

Looks awesome to me.

I've got a flat all cooked up along with some chuckie for chili this weekend.

Will be making some of the same in next 2 days JD.

Cooked 2 flats, sent one home with my son yesterday afternoon, had a little sandwich out of mine, going to make brisket chili probably tomorrow.

Looks awesome to me.

I've got a flat all cooked up along with some chuckie for chili this weekend.

There's just something about fall weather and chili...:biggrin:...lookin' forward to some pics guys! :p

That looks good. Could do without the beans. (my $.02)
I think I'm gonna do that this weekend with a chuckie or something.
Thanks JD.

I cooked some small flats yesterday with chili in mind.... will be making that Saturday.

I like beans in my Chili, I think that looks real good!

Does make you think about Fall, even if it is still 90Âş during the days here.

I like the idea of the sweet pepper against the heat from the chili powder/sauce.

I dont mind the celery, though never tried it with chili, and there is absolutely nothing wrong with beans - ever.

I'd hit that :-D

You left out one very important step, however...

Deglazing the chef! :-D

looks killer! i've been to mirror pond :biggrin:

I'm not a bean in chili fan, either, but the only thing I really see wrong is that it's such a small pot of chili!

Beans or no beans, there isn't anything better than chili, beer, and football on a cold Sunday afternoon.

I'm doing a brisket chili for our company chili contest this Friday. Cooking up some flats tomorrow. I like beans so i'm using them and I might addd ingredients my wife puts in her steak soup that tastes really good.

Mmmm, Mirror Pond...<drool>

That was a great post, bro. Simple chili for da boyz on game day. Thanks for posting!

Back