Oakridge BBQ rub advice.

silverfinger

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi Brethren,
I am going to be getting 1 pound of the Oakridge BBQ rub from Kcmike. :becky:
Any recommendations on what I should choose ?

Thanks for all advice in advance!

If you can only choose one, and If you cook/grill a lot of beef like Redhot and I do, I'd go for the Santa Maria.

Great suggestion, it's also great on chicken. I have also heard great things about his Secret Weapon. Another option would be to get the sample pack first, then make an educated choice.

depends what you're looking for.

for "BBQ" i'd go straight to secret weapon. i.e, ribs, butts, chicken, or even brisket.

like others said, if you're looking for a specialty type rub, try santa maria or death dust.

the beef and pork rub is good and similar to secret weapon, but SW has noticeably extra spark to it.

I do cook allot of steaks (rib-eye) and pork ribs so I think it's going to be between the Santa Maria Steak Seasoning and Competition Beef & Pork Rub. I would love to try the Secret Weapon Pork & Chicken Rub but I do Q more beef and pork then I do chicken.

Anyone have a favorite between the two ? Santa Maria Steak Seasoning and Competition Beef & Pork Rub.

put salt and pepper on your ribeyes and get the secret weapon for your pork.

or try one, then when you run out try the other, pick your own fave. :cool:

I'm on my third 1 3/4 pound bag of beef and pork comp rub. Its amazing! Goes great on spares and chuckies. Death dust is killer too.

naw, not particularly. i mean depth, complexity, and sharpness to the flavor profile.

don't get me wrong, comp beef and pork is quite good, it's just that secret weapon "goes to eleven" let's say.

The Comp. beef and pork is really good on brisket. It makes a great bark on it. But all of them are pretty good.

put salt and pepper on your ribeyes and get the secret weapon for your pork.

or try one, then when you run out try the other, pick your own fave. :cool:

I have been making my rubs at home for my steak and ribs and have been very happy with them.

I might be better off with the secret weapon.
Maybe i should pick from a hat. :crazy:

I've got a pound each of the Santa Maria and the Habanero Death Dust. Both are absolutely amazing!

I love the Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust. I have been using that on all kinds of things so Im excited about trying another rub from kcmike!

I love the Limited Edition Habanero Death Dust. I have been using that on all kinds of things so Im excited about trying another rub from kcmike!
I always recommend Oakridge bbq when people come up and tell me they really enjoyed my bbq. The rubs won me over hands down and add the awesome customer service to boot, KcMike really knows how to run a business.

Great suggestion, it's also great on chicken. I have also heard great things about his Secret Weapon. Another option would be to get the sample pack first, then make an educated choice.

Get a sample pack and do a cook and decide. We did that on some Country Style ribs and Secret Weapon won so we ordered a pound. They are all good. I will be buying more of each eventually.

Back